Hello Guest

Author Topic: Font cleared in sprite sheet after upgrading to Unity 4.2  (Read 3416 times)

pixelballoon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Font cleared in sprite sheet after upgrading to Unity 4.2
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:37:58 pm »
Hi,

I've just upgraded to Unity 4.2, and I encountered an issue causing one of the demo fonts to not display properly. At present I'm only using a single font throughout my app, so this is all I noticed it on - UIDemoOldSansBlack. I opened the sprite collection and the BM Font had been cleared causing the entry to appear as "Empty". Due to the font missing in the sprite sheet it appeared in the game/editor as shown in the attachment.

I've reset the link, committed and all appears fine again, I just wonder what could have caused this?

Many thanks,
Jamie

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Font cleared in sprite sheet after upgrading to Unity 4.2
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 07:58:30 pm »
Never got to the bottom of this. I'm putting it down to some craziness that happens when upgrading Unity. There is nothing special about that object at all, which makes this all the more puzzling.

I've re imported the text asset (new GUID) and relinked and commited in 2.1 - seems to have stopped the issue. Not tested reimporting into Unity 4.2 though, could be broken all over again there...