Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.90 beta 3  (Read 16022 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.90 beta 3
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »
As with all beta releases, exercise caution when upgrading. Make sure you have a back up!
Changes in italics.

Features:
- New sprite animation editor. You can preview animations and it has a really flexible plugin system. Data is (should be) 100% compatible.
- Documentation update to reflect new interface, coexists with old pages until 1.90 final is out.

Bugfixes and improvements:
- New sprite thumbnail cache system, much much more efficient and doesn't care or use source images even in the inspector.
- Runtime sprite collection warns when shader is inaccessible (due to not being in resources) instead of displaying a black quad
- Script execution order. All tk2d scripts execute early, hopefully earlier than any user scripts. Avoids ambiguity and situations where awake happens after user script awakening causing nasty runtime issues.
- "1:1" fix, wasn't working in certain situations
- tk2dCamera has internal zoomScale which can be used to zoom into the screen
- tk2dIndex copes with uncommitted fonts
- tk2dTextMesh InitDictionary bugfix
- Material id corrected with multiple atlases
- Runtime sprite collection code creates unset collider instead of None.
- Creating a new tk2dCamera will set camera.main if one doesn't exist already.
- Collidertype is Unset by default instead of None.
- Fixed tangent generation for sprites.
- Shaders use float texcoord instead of half, fixes a filtering/precision issues on iOS (PVR)
- Blank sprite / animation names not displayed in the selection popup
- When creating and deleting entries in a sprite collection, surplus files are deleted instead of being orphaned, eg. creating and deleting a font will delete the font prefabs.
- Error when sprite collection is in a resources directory, warn when sprite source textures are in a resources directory.
- Physically double sided sprite option instead of relying on a double sided shader.
- Fixed some code to work better with the default MonoDevelop project
- Single frame mode works as intended
- Added , and . keys to scrub frames
- tk2dAnimatedSprite.IsPlaying(clip) will tell you if that clip is currently playing
- Text animop, you can now type in frame names in a list
- Persistent editing, you can now go in and out of play mode, reload scripts, etc. and still have correct data.
- Bugfix: Deleting a point in sprite collection polygon editor doesn't deselect the current selection.
- Packed font (experimental feature - http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/advanced/packed_fonts.html)
- Bugfixes for tilemap TMX importer, now supports a few other format variants, and more reliably warns when an incompatible variant is detected.
- Stop user from selecting sprite collection with 0 sprites.
- texelSize corrected for platform specific sprite collections. sliced sprites, fonts, and other features which rely on this work as expected now.

Amon

• 2D Toolkit
  • Everything is made of the same thing! Energy!
    • View Profile
    • Amon.co
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.90 beta 3
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 04:28:16 am »
Thanks!
http://www.amon.co - Amon Interactive Ltd | Dev Tools - Unity 4 Pro - 2D Toolkit - RealStudio 2012 r2 - Monkey - Modo 601 SP4 - Photoshop CS6 - 3D Coat - My Brain!

FuzzyWuzzie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:35 pm »
I'm trying to figure out how to use the zoomScale attribute.. I can't see it the value in the inspector and no matter what I set it to in code, it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the camera. Any info on this?

(For reference, I'm build a low-resolution game that I want the camera to automatically point-scale up everything to an appropriate amount based on the resolution of the device, so my zoom scale should be any of of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc)

Edit
Ok, I figured it out - I had to add a resolution override with width = -1 and height = -1, and set things up there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:13:45 pm by FuzzyWuzzie »

Saputo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »
How do you, make the 2D Toolkit Animations into .anim so they can be used with Play Maker?, I'm using Version 1.90 Beat 3  for my Project.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 09:53:50 am »
@Saputo - I've replied to your email. You need to use the 2D Toolkit Play Animation action to play a clip, not anim files.

breeves

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:22 pm »
Ever since upgrading to 1.9, I've been getting a warning screen every time I try to edit my sprite collection. "Warning: The following assets are in one or more resources directories. These files will be included in the build." I'm using a sprite sheet instead of pulling in separate images. For every tile in my sprite sheet there's an entry pointing to the base image and an "ok" button beneath them all. For smaller sprite sheets, I can get past the warning by expanding the window to see the ok button. With larger collections, however, I can't expand the window large enough to get to the button. It would be nice if I didn't get the warning, since I really don't understand what the warning is about or what I could do about it. If that's not an option, having the "ok" button at the top of the list would be very helpful.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:35:29 pm »
Thanks for letting me know, I've added a scrollbar to the list, and fixed the bug with spritesheet entries appearing multiple times - I've fixed it for 1.90 final which I'm putting together right now.

In almost all cases, you should NOT ignore that message. It means that the texture is in a directory called resources (eg. Assets/MyBigTexture/resources/anotherfolder/Elephant.png). Unity will automatically include that texture in the build, even if you don't use it. This means that the source images will be included in your final game, in addition to the atlases.
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Resources.html
Your project is going to be a lot bigger than it should be.

To fix it, move the texture OUT of a resources directory.

IslandOfficials

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »
Ive noticed that if you select a frame of an animation and try to add a trigger it adds it to the first frame. Granted you can slide them around, but still a little annoying.

I like the new animation editor by the way (except this small bug)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:51:43 pm by IslandOfficials »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:45 pm »
You can double click on the frame you want (where the triggers are) to add it on the frame you want. It isn't obvious at all, I know...

breeves

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
Thanks for letting me know, I've added a scrollbar to the list, and fixed the bug with spritesheet entries appearing multiple times - I've fixed it for 1.90 final which I'm putting together right now.

In almost all cases, you should NOT ignore that message. It means that the texture is in a directory called resources (eg. Assets/MyBigTexture/resources/anotherfolder/Elephant.png). Unity will automatically include that texture in the build, even if you don't use it. This means that the source images will be included in your final game, in addition to the atlases.
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Resources.html
Your project is going to be a lot bigger than it should be.

To fix it, move the texture OUT of a resources directory.

Thanks, that worked great.