Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 1  (Read 64640 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 1
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »
Regarding the new tk2dCamera, I know that you now hide the native camera component - I'm noticing that this isn't the case for any prefabs that have the tk2dcamera attached. Going to assume there's just no way around this?

Also, I like the pixels / meter thing, but is there a way to keep an accurate scale of the sprites, but still have an increased ratio? I'd like something like 10 pixels/meter, but want to retain the accurate scale on screen while still using tk2dCamera. Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:09 pm »
Instanced prefab data still is pretty buggy. It doesn't save them 50% of the time. One scenario that I can replicate each time is:

-Edit the tilemap, paint a prefab tile, commit
-Select the prefab, change some values
-Edit the tilemap again, create a color channel
-Paint anything with the color channel
-Delete the color channel
-Commit the tilemap

Prefab instance data is no longer saved and reverted to the default values.

I think you posted this before, and I must've missed this. Thanks for reminding me, it'll be fixed in the next release.

Great, thanks. Also, not sure it's already on your radar but it was mentioned before that you can no longer use your mouse wheel to scroll the palette in the tilemap editor.

That has been mentioned, but I don't know how to fix it yet.
It now supports scrolling horizontally in there, and Unity eats the scrollbar message before it gets in there. There might be a way around it but I don't have a solution to this as of yet. One option might be to not use the palette at all, but simply copy the full contents of the palette into a scratchpad and hide the palette itself...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »
Regarding the new tk2dCamera, I know that you now hide the native camera component - I'm noticing that this isn't the case for any prefabs that have the tk2dcamera attached. Going to assume there's just no way around this?

Also, I like the pixels / meter thing, but is there a way to keep an accurate scale of the sprites, but still have an increased ratio? I'd like something like 10 pixels/meter, but want to retain the accurate scale on screen while still using tk2dCamera. Thanks.

It should hide itself once brought into the scene (I think...). If you click on the little cog icon at the far right of the tk2dCamera component, you will find a "Toggle Unity cmaera" menu entry in there. You can use that to hide it.

If you want 10 pixels per meter, you need to change the sprite collection settings to 10 pixels per meter there as well. You can also grab from the scene camera ("g") if you need to. The next tutorials will encourage creating the camera before creating the scene (if there is a camera in the scene, the sprite collection settings will automatically inherit from there without you having to set anything up. This only happens when creating a sprite collection though.).

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »
Instanced prefab data still is pretty buggy. It doesn't save them 50% of the time. One scenario that I can replicate each time is:

-Commit the tilemap

I think you posted this before, and I must've missed this. Thanks for reminding me, it'll be fixed in the next release.

A patch which should fix this, and probably most others. Could you please try to break this? :D
ps it only changes one file, and shouldn't cause any issues if you're already on 2.1 beta.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 01:11:49 am »

-Commit the tilemap

A patch which should fix this, and probably most others. Could you please try to break this? :D
ps it only changes one file, and shouldn't cause any issues if you're already on 2.1 beta.

Broke it on my first try  ;D

Does the same exact thing with the repro from above.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:24 am »
Just noticed the awesome new layer section in the tilemap editor. Looks and functions great. Small request? Is it possible to be able to set negative offsets for layers? I'd like my background layers to be in negative z, so my "main" layer can be at 0.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 04:38:12 am »
Turn on the 'Fixed Z' button then you can set whatever values you like.

Dylan

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 05:53:45 am »
How relevant is the Migration Guide, if going from 2.0 to 2.1? Aside from backing things up and taking advantage of new features, is there anything I need to be particularly mindful of?

Thanks, looking forward to using it.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »

-Commit the tilemap

Did you already have it in edit mode before trying it - it could already be broken then? I'm pretty sure I got that one case, at least - it was being caused by "initializing" the tilemap into edit mode twice, which ends up being a bad thing to do. I'll check again later to make sure I've actually copied the right files into that package...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 12:55:55 pm »
How relevant is the Migration Guide, if going from 2.0 to 2.1? Aside from backing things up and taking advantage of new features, is there anything I need to be particularly mindful of?

Thanks, looking forward to using it.

Going from 2.0 -> 2.1, there are a few smallish changes that need to be made to code - a lot of the stuff wasn't documented to start with, mainly to do with tilemaps. The only stuff actually broken between 2.0 -> 2.1 is the tk2dCamera.ScreenExtents, etc. You should be fine if you don't use that. A mini migration guide will be going up with the docs, probably in time for beta2, but if you run into any issues, just post here.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 06:08:22 pm »

-Commit the tilemap

Did you already have it in edit mode before trying it - it could already be broken then? I'm pretty sure I got that one case, at least - it was being caused by "initializing" the tilemap into edit mode twice, which ends up being a bad thing to do. I'll check again later to make sure I've actually copied the right files into that package...

I didn't. I even opened up a new scene and edited a tilemap in there.. sorry, haha.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »
 :( I'm just hoping the patch is broken... I'll check and get back to you later.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 04:28:18 am »
Turn on the 'Fixed Z' button then you can set whatever values you like.

Ah, cool. Thanks!

midasmax

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »
Hi guys,

Exciting release! Thanks for the hard work! :)

I was wondering what is the best practice for updating from 2.00 to 2.10? I initially did the 2D Toolkit Package import from the Asset Store. I assume that since 2.10 Beta is not on the Asset Store, I will have to download and use the unitypackage and manually import it. What should I look out for prior to doing this? Do I simply go ahead, or do I need to erase the existing folders/package first?

Also, after importing, do I have to restar the editor?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:43:02 pm by midasmax »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 02:49:02 pm »
Backup your project (IMPORTANT), import 2.1, restart editor (not essential but good practice).
Should be good to go.

And report any bugs here :)