Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.2 final  (Read 40121 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.2 final
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:23:00 pm »
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.x is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.20/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.20

This is the same version as 2.20 final + hotfix 0 on the asset store

What's new
  • SortingOrder - you can now specify sorting orderon sprites and text meshes, allowing you to explicitly order sprites which are at the same z value.This used to be called RenderLayer in beta1
  • tk2dUI - you can now use multiple cameras! Add a tk2dUICamera behaviour to any cameras that require UI processing
  • tk2dUILayout and tk2dUILayoutSizer - lets you set up much more complex UIs than previously possible. Also enables for scalable UIs that resize properly for different resolutions. Docs:
  • tk2dUI - brand new default skin and prefabs, all set up using the Layout system for even quicker workflow
  • tk2dUI - new demos, webplayers below!
  • tk2dUI - added a lot more method bindings using the "Drop target" event - all currently exposed c# events can now also be accessed by selecting a function name in the inspector.
  • tk2dTextMesh no longer requires a commit after changing properties. The changed properties are queued up and flushed before the frame is rendered. You can still call Commit, and this flushes the queue straight away.
  • tilemap tiles can now be rotated. This is just a flag for now, but you can get all possible 90 degree rotations by stacking rotations and flips
  • Diced rendering mode, filtering option - you can only draw solid dices, or transparent dices - allows more advanced optimizations
  • tk2dCamera - removed a bunch of stuff from the internal camera settings. It now simply mirrors the hidden camera component.

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Reuploaded the build - there was a tiny typo in 1 - UI demo. No need to update unless absolutely necessary.
  • When a duplicate sprite is dropped in the sprite collection editor, ask what to do. Allows you to drop a folder and just add the new sprites.
  • Scrollbar distance bugfix
  • Playmaker PlayAnimation action fixed
  • Windows phone 8 rotation matrix
  • Default sprite collection size is now 2048. 1024 is no longer a sensible minimum. No one targets iPhone3G anymore, right?
  • tk2dTextMesh - GetEstimatedBounds will return a Bounds that should match the mesh bounds.
  • Fixed a few missing SetDirtys that were causing issues in Unity 4.x
  • Screen extents change every frame
  • Warn when text.Length > maxChars
  • UILayout happens in world space rather than local - works with localScale
  • Scrollable area demo now has a sample using layout
  • Clicking the middle of the anchor box will anchor to all sides
  • tk2dCamera fov fixed
  • Custom sprite geometry trimming bugfix
  • Platform specific attach points fixed
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:52:48 am by unikronsoftware »

weloveayaka

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.2 final
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:33:20 pm »
great! ;D

tzamora

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:39 pm »
great, I love you!!! ...

Unikron, I dont know if this is the place to ask this but .....

What do you think about the new 2D features in unity 4.3?

I love 2dToolkit, it has been my plugin-partner in my jams and my ludum dares and in my job and everything !!

so, if you allow me to ask? in a simple response, what do you think about it? ... please remove this comment if you feel like it, I just want to hear your opinion and what do you see for the 2d toolkit future.

Thanks.

n3rdloop

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:16:21 pm »
Thanks for this update!

I updated from 2.1 final to this. All is good but there is one issue, I can't interact with the scrolling menus.

2DToolkit tells me:
It is no longer necessary to hook up a camera to the tk2dUIManager. You can simply attach a tk2dUICamera script to the cameras that interact with UI.

And it takes action to add the script for me to my UI camera. What should I configure so my scrolling menus are back alive?

Sorry for the troubles and thanks again,

jokjokstudios

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »
Awesome! Thanks! :)

Jason RT Bond

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »
Awesome stuff :)

• SortingOrder - you can now specify sorting orderon sprites and text meshes, allowing you to explicitly order sprites which are at the same z value.This used to be called RenderLayer in beta1

The documentation says "This corresponds to the renderer.sortingOrder property in Unity 4.3.". Can this feature be used with 4.2?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »
Yup. Unity adds native support for SortingOrder in Unity 4.3, and we'll change to directly use that when they release 4.3. This is our workaround which behaves in a close enough way, but works in all other versions of Unity.

Jason RT Bond

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »
Yup. Unity adds native support for SortingOrder in Unity 4.3, and we'll change to directly use that when they release 4.3. This is our workaround which behaves in a close enough way, but works in all other versions of Unity.

Jolly good. Thanks  :)

Beyonder

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 10:55:21 pm »
awesome stuff. I had just started to mess around with the UI layout things  :D

kremedved

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:23:10 am »
Am I the only one to have problems with ClipCamera after the update from 2.1f + hotfix(unity 4.2)?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 10:36:57 am »
@kremedved - what problem?

kremedved

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »
It would take too long to explain. To cut it short, I need to change Y position of ClipCamera to make it work like in v2.1.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:27:52 pm by kremedved »

fattie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 08:15:02 pm »
OK, i got this problem ...

note that I had the shader in BOTH !! locations.   I trashed the one IN resources/, and moved the other one in there

then the project had maybe, oh, 10 places that were apparently using that other one ("pink squares") so I just clicked those over to the new one.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »
You must've updated from a really old version... Unity doesn't match shaders up properly when updating, and if not in the right directories can cause issues.

fattie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:31 am »
Magnificent, thanks.  Yeah at one point about 3 updates ago I had a big "update gap" - so that explains it. THANKS