Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.3.3  (Read 62138 times)

AbsurdInteractive

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.3.3
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 04:41:27 am »
I believe you mentioned this somewhere else, but I wanted to confirm with you. For the 2D Toolkit UI, you're still sticking with 3D UI elements to detect button presses, correct? Will you update this at a later date if so?

td0239

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 12:29:56 pm »
Hi,

We are really keen on using the new PNG texture feature of 2.3.3 to decrease our build size. We currently use the multi-platform feature for using different textures on different devices.

However we are finding that we are unable to use the two features together - if we set a sprite collection to use the PNG, it sets it for both of them, and you can't then set the smaller version to use the smaller size.

Is this something you are aware of or are we using it incorrectly?

Thanks,
Tom

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 05:14:07 pm »
I believe you mentioned this somewhere else, but I wanted to confirm with you. For the 2D Toolkit UI, you're still sticking with 3D UI elements to detect button presses, correct? Will you update this at a later date if so?

I don't know if we're planning on doing 2D colliders, or simply a custom collision system outside the unity one. I don't see any real benefits of integrating this with the 2d collider system, especially for the UI system.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20:53 pm »
Another issue: I can't switch the clips from editor on the fly anymore (inside Sprite Animator). It just plays the clip that was selected when scene started to play.

I tested it for an animation with a low frame rate: when switching, the animation shows a new clip for a moment and then returns to the previously selected.

upd: I also can't change Anim Lib property.
If I start with "once" clip, I can select another animations, but they will not play. If I start with a looped clip, it will stuck and prevent editor from switching to other animations.

What version did you update from? From what I can see this hasn't changed in a long long time.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:22 pm »
Hi,

We are really keen on using the new PNG texture feature of 2.3.3 to decrease our build size. We currently use the multi-platform feature for using different textures on different devices.

However we are finding that we are unable to use the two features together - if we set a sprite collection to use the PNG, it sets it for both of them, and you can't then set the smaller version to use the smaller size.

Is this something you are aware of or are we using it incorrectly?

Thanks,
Tom

It will convert both atlases to PNGs, but they will be different PNGs (hd, vs SD pngs) - I've just verified that this works properly in 2.3.3. What are you experiencing specifically with PNG & platforms enabled?

Finnegan

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 06:33:35 pm »
What version did you update from? From what I can see this hasn't changed in a long long time.
We updated from 2.3.0 and using Unity 4.3.1f1, also I tested the clip switching in a separate project. The problem remains for some reason.

Do you have any idea what can cause such behaviour? It looks like some state inside of Sprite Animator went mad.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:36:14 pm by Finnegan »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »
We updated from 2.3.0 and using Unity 4.3.1f1, also I tested the clip switching in a separate project. The problem remains for some reason.

Do you have any idea what can cause such behaviour? It looks like some state inside of Sprite Animator went mad.

If you can reproduce it in a minimal project, please email it to support, should be easy to test it then. A working and not working copy would be ideal.

nacs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 05:47:52 pm »
I updated to this version today and am receiving these 2 errors in Unity immediately after updating:

Code: [Select]
Assets/Plugins/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionData.cs(564,17): error CS0103: The name `tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader' does not exist in the current context

Assets/Plugins/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionData.cs(590,17): error CS0103: The name `tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader' does not exist in the current context

I did the "Integrity checker" in the editor and it said it was successful. Should I just comment out those 2 lines or am I doing something wrong?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:49:46 pm by nacs »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »
I'm guessing you've moved tk2d from the default installation location / run setup for js. Either move the missing file, or if you ran Setup For JS, run that again.

whale

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »
I recently upgraded from TK2D 2.2 Final to 2.3.3, and everything seems to be working very well, with one exception:

My scenes often contain a single, large tilemap, with many (~10) layers. The process of opening the tilemap for edit (in editor mode) and then committing it back (pressing commit, forcing a rebuild) seems to be taking many, many times longer in 2.3.3 than in previous versions.

Where before it would take a second or two, now it takes upwards of many minutes.

Any ideas?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 11:37:42 pm »
There is a bug in Unity. Apparently its been fixed but I don't know which version it'll be fixed in:
http://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/bad-undo-dot-recordobject-performance-with-large-number-of-changes

Unity updated the undo system in 4.3, and there is a bug causing slowdowns with large numbers of changes.

whale

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 02:35:40 am »
Any idea where the relevant calls into Undo are? I tried commenting out the functions in tk2dUndo.cs, but I'm still get major major lag, even after a Unity restart. Being able to commit my tilemap is way more important to me right now than working Undo.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 08:46:12 pm »
Sorry, I missed this!
I recommend quickly commenting out all the undo lines in tk2dUtil / tk2dUndo for now. Hopefully unitys "fix" really fixes it and doesn't introduce a load more issues.

SemagStudio

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Semag Studio
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 05:39:19 am »
My ping pong animations all seem to have broken with the last update (presumably due to the pingpong bug fix mentioned). Only the first frame is shown, in editor and in game. Has anyone else seen this happen?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:11 am »