Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.4 beta 1  (Read 44822 times)

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.4 beta 1
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22:08 pm »
We will most likely email you, we don't know anything about paletted textures, to tell the truth.
Hey, why mail... keep the discussion public, we are curious :)
You're right. We have already emailed unikron but I will post everything here (or in a dedicated thread if necessary). I also like to keep these things public :)
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »
Just because its long and messy and I won't have time to proofread, and it more or less only applies only to them as they're the heaviest (ab)users of the system. No other reason. Happy for TekuStudios to post in private support forum if others will like to follow.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 01:06:19 pm »
I'll create a dedicated thread on the private forums then :)
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »
We will most likely email you, we don't know anything about paletted textures, to tell the truth.
Hey, why mail... keep the discussion public, we are curious :)

Here's the thread:

http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,3539.0.html

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 11:39:02 am »
We're rebuilding our game and we tried to make a very large collection (with multiple atlases) - not PGN, but Unity texture based. And after hitting commit the same memory leak fatal error raised. We are investigating it to seek a repro case for you.

Anyways, we are trying with smaller collections, just in case.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:47 pm »
There is a limit on how many textures you can add to a collection. All the textures need to be loaded in memory when it builds the atlas. Its not a good idea to make a very large collection with multiple atlases especially with the kind of textures you've got. Unity textures take up a LOT of memory, so if your'er building the equivalent of 4-5 4096s at a time, it WILL run out of memory.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:04:47 pm »
Yep, we saw that. Well, our biggest collection is now four 4096x4096 atlases, so I don't expect to face new errors from now on.

Kea

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 05:33:53 am »
Get this error after update to 2.4b1 when working with sprite collections in editor.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader+TransientData.Purge () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader.cs:41)
tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader.EditorUpdate () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader.cs:134)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

It generated many times, over 999+ errors.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 10:51:47 am »
You can turn off the unloader (tk2dEditorSpriteDataUnloader.cs first line), but can you email some details about how you're getting this to happen? Eg. what features you're using, unity version, etc? Need to get to the bottom of this.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »
This isn't a big, editor-breaking bug, but you may want to check it out:

No matter how much we resize the SpriteAnimation window, it doesn't show everything completely (see the right side of the pic). It still happens when we insert the tab in the main Editor window. We've tested this with different resolution settings (2560x1440, our main computer's screen resolution, and below 1080p) and the results were the same.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:35:41 pm by TekuStudios »

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00:33 pm »
Oh, I just found out that each section of the SpriteAnimation tab can be resized. I feel dumb.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
Glad you've got it sorted ;)

David Kalina

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 05:54:39 pm »
Just to verify:

Is the "experimental PNG atlas usage detection and unloader" feature the same in 2.3.3 final as it is in 2.4 beta?

I'm looking to do our (hopefully) final 2DToolkit upgrade before ship and would rather be on an official release than a beta, and I don't think 2.4 has anything else we absolutely need.  (We absolutely need PNG atlases)

Thanks,
David

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 06:12:38 pm »
There are some newer fixes which aren't in 2.4 beta 1 and as a result works a lot better. Drop me an email at support and I'll give you the updated file

DannyB

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Chicks Ahead
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 06:21:30 pm »
Hey - what is this PNG unloader exactly?
Do I need to take special care when using PNG atlases? I intend to use them almost exclusively.