Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprite Effects/Shaders  (Read 6043 times)

edb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Sprite Effects/Shaders
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:06:09 pm »
I'm researching what different effects are available to apply to a tk2d Sprite.
Stuff like outlining, glows, shaders, etc.

There’s some nifty looking shader tools on the Asset Store (Shader Weaver, Amplify.)
Does anybody know if these will work with 2D Toolkit? 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:55:37 am by edb »

Kirb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite Effects/Shaders
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:22:04 am »
@edb

I've tried a few different ones that work quite nicely; unfortunately they generally only work with Unity sprites or 3D meshes.

If you ever happen to find an easier or plug-and-play shader method to generate a nice outline or glow around *animated* 2DTK sprites, please let me know.
From what I've read there's a few methods, but none that don't require a pretty significant amount of work, as far as I can tell.

It would be fantastic if 2DTK could use the Sprite Renderer as an alternative to the 2DTK Renderer, but I believe Unity hasn't exposed enough for him to integrate them (or at least, as of mid-2017, perhaps that's changed now!?). It would be ideal though, because then we could use a lot of the bells and whistles that Sprite Renderers enjoy while keeping stuff like 2DTK's much superior animation workflow and other features.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:19:46 am by Kirb »

kenshin

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite Effects/Shaders
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:21:15 pm »
Hello,

I understand that sprite renderer support will take time ...

Could you please give us a guide how to make effects like 2DxFX shaders usage (outline etc) in toolkit2d ? we can rewrite those shaders by ourselves. Just need some practical guidelines for it. Plus, u can mention differences about tk2d rendere and sprite renderer etc.

thx for the great product again  ...