Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.5.3  (Read 48602 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.5.3
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 02:23:29 pm »
"Official support for Unity Windows Mobile and Windows Store in Unity 5"

There were known bugs and issues in Unity 4.x, and we didn't have hardware to test on. MS provided some hardware to test on, and we've tested on the hardware with Unity 5 (not Unity 4x and some bugs are still there) and are happy to officially support it now!

ledvina.m

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:23 am »
Hello, I'm Unity 5.1f2. With latest 2.5.3 I get Rebulding indexes whenever I click an object with sprite component attached. Also I noticed that you are using Resources.LoadAtPath which does not exists in 5.1. There is only Resources.Load.

Please can you fix that?

Thank you, Marek.

ledvina.m

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:41 am »
Ok. I tried 2.5.1 and the Rebuild Indexes again and again is there as well. So seems like Unity messed something really up. So be careful 5.1f2 is somehow broken since it is changing my metafiles and prefabs without me touching them.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 10:39:22 am »
@ledvina.m You should REALLY file a bug report to Unity (and post it in the Beta forums, if possible), they need to know important issues like yours, even when they only affect third-party assets.
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 07:58:08 pm »
Ok. I tried 2.5.1 and the Rebuild Indexes again and again is there as well. So seems like Unity messed something really up. So be careful 5.1f2 is somehow broken since it is changing my metafiles and prefabs without me touching them.

I'll investigate this after Unity release a final version. They've been messing up releases at an alarming rate lately :(
I'll fix Resources.Load in the next release, but the automatic script upgrader should catch it, doesn't it?

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 03:32:48 pm »
Unity v5.1 final is already out:

http://unity3d.com/get-unity/update

Maybe you want to check it out, unikron. You can read the whole list of new features (including "Crunch texture compression format on platforms which support DXT", maybe it's useful to you) here:

http://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.1
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:35:17 pm by TekuStudios »
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 11:28:46 pm »
Tested in Unity 5.1.0 - seems to work fine on one of our projects. @ledvina.m - if you're getting lockups rebuilding index, try rebuilding the libraries folder (delete and let unity recreate). If your'e version controlled, you should be able to see what Unity changes - if you have it in text that should make things a lot easier to track down.