Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.76 final + patch 1  (Read 10639 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.76 final + patch 1
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:50:43 pm »
AnimatedSprite
Bugfix: Playing a clip with "Single" after "Looped" sometimes caused newly played animation to not play.
Bugfix: WarpClipToTime was being called with time in incorrect space. Fixed and renamed function to be more descriptive.

SpriteAnimationEditor
Bugfix: There was a mismatched BeginVertical causing issues with certain versions of Unity

tk2dCamera
Merged preview feature (tk2dCamera v3)

TextMeshEditor
Bugfix: Invalid material picked when switching to font within sprite collection.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.76 final + patch 1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:05 pm »
Thanks for this. Does this also include the TileMap palette render fix you sent to me via email?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 05:06:38 pm »
Hi fsadeq, it doesn't unfortunately. I merged these changes in by hand into the 1.76 branch, and I must've missed that one :( Please just reapply the patch for now.

pdform

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • The Balance Inc
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:50:31 pm »
Hi, I've been having trouble with this new version. After the update, I started noticing that all my animated sprites get slightly blurred, like if they weren't pixel perfect or if there was some problem with the shaders. My images getting this problem was exactly the point why I gave up implementing a 2D library of my own and started using Toolkit 2D.

I'm quite sure this is a new problem, since I downgraded to 1.75 and had no problem at all. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's actually a bug... Anyway, I wanted to let you guys know, and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:42:31 pm »
The sprite handling code hasn't changed between 1.75 and 1.76, but it should be fairly straightforward to troubleshoot this. In almost all cases, it has been because one of the following:

1. Edit > Project Settings > Quality - Texture Quality should be set to Full Res, also on the configs for your target.
2. Select the atlas texture, and there shouldn't be any override, and try setting max size to larger than the texture size (Set it to 4096 and click Apply)
3. Make sure it isn't compressed (Format set to Automatic Truecolor)
4. Try disabling mipmaps (switch texture type to Advanced, untick Generate Mip Maps) - if this happens it means the
5. If you're using tk2dCamera, make sure your viewport isn't squished - the default behaviour with this changed slightly, but shouldn't affect already set up scenes.

Let me know if any of that fixes it. Perhaps some unrelated change in the code has triggered this. If anyone is experiencing anything like this, let me know too - I'll get it sorted for the next release.

@pdform, if you can set up a test case with this happening, I would be most grateful if you could send me a repro case. I should be able to fix this straight away if I can see the issue... (support@unikronsoftware.com).

pdform

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • The Balance Inc
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »
OK, I've checked all the items in my project, and none of them worked. However, I can't create a minimum test case, because the problem simply doesn't happen in a brand new project xD. The problem aroused when a upgraded toolkit 2D in my existing project, but it apparently doesn't exist with a new project. If I happen to find out what was wrong, I'll inform you. In the meantime, I think you should only concern if more people get to have the same issues...

Thanks for the help!