Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mismatching GUID's after upgrading to 2.5.7.1  (Read 4182 times)

coopaloops

• View Profile
Mismatching GUID's after upgrading to 2.5.7.1
« on: January 07, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »
Hi guys, I've been gradually migrating a project to Unity 5.5, and have hit some roadblocks with updating 2D Toolkit to the latest version. When I go to import the new version of 2D Toolkit (2.5.7.1), I get a bunch of mismatching GUID's on all of the 2D Toolkit scripts, which ends up causing all of my sprites to go pink in every scene. My prefabs can't find the 2D Toolkit scripts anymore. I tried doing "Rebuild Index" in the 2D Toolkit menu, but it didn't work. I also am unable to reassign sprite collections, tilemap data objects, and tilemap editor data objects to all of the tilemaps in my game, and I'm afraid that I'm going to lose a ton of work that I've already done. I'm posting here in hopes that there is a better solution to all of this than me manually going in and having to redo everything by hand. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mismatching GUID's after upgrading to 2.5.7.1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:25 am »
This was resolved by email, but posting here for completeness.
This sounds like your GUIDs were already bust before the upgrade... which isn't necessarily a problem until you want to upgrade. The easiest way to fix this is to let unity update whatever scripts it wants, then import tk2d into a brand new project and copy the files over manually - be sure to ignore the .meta files, as they're the ones with the GUID in them. That should let you upgrade but retain the GUIDS on the scripts.