Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tilemap disappears in Windows (32-bit) build.  (Read 6212 times)

Silverfell

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Tilemap disappears in Windows (32-bit) build.
« on: January 12, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »
Hi. I'm putting the finishing touches to my game, which in the editor looks like the screenshot tilemap_present.jpg - nothing special, just a tiled game.

Sadly, since the latest tk2d update, when I build for Window, the game looks like tilemap_missing.jpg - you can see that the TK2D system is present and working because the fishes and main character are rendered on it, but the tilemap is missing. What's even more confusing is that objects placed in the tilemap and spawned at start, like the spikes and background fishes, actually are present.

I built in debug mode and without, I have no errors or warnings in the console. Previous builds for Windows, made in 2.5.6 work fine. At this point, is this something you can fix quickly, or shall I just try to revert my TK2D setup?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tilemap disappears in Windows (32-bit) build.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:13:54 pm »
I am unable to reproduce this - can you please email a simple repro case to support at unikronsoftware.com?

Doghelmer

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »
I'm actually having the same issue when I build a 64-bit version.  I'd like to try and get a reproducible version for you when I get some time, my testing indicates it's going to be tricky to repro in an isolated environment.

In the meantime, this puts me in a bit of a bind because I may be releasing a game soon.  I attempted to revert back to the previous version 2.5.6, but started seeing a new issue in that version: Whenever I Commit a Sprite Collection, something seems to happen to the files so that instead of looking like this:
http://i.imgur.com/mNL0EJI.png

They look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/1w5D6fl.png

In the first example, the texture type is "Sprite (2D and UI)", which is what I need.  In the second, it's just "Default".  When I try to convert the image to "Sprite (2D and UI)", it doesn't work, it just immediately converts back to default.

This is using 2.5.6 on the latest version of Unity.  Any ideas on a quick workaround for this?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:20:55 pm by Doghelmer »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 10:51:55 pm »
@Doghelmer  - Support for unity sprites has been fixed in 2.5.7.2.

@Silverfell - this issue has been fixed in 2.5.7.3

Silverfell

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »
Thank you. I solved by making the final build in 2.5.6, which worked fine for my issue. When I start another 2D project, I'll try the new package. Couldn't send a reproduction setup without sending you the whole game, this late in development. Glad you fixed it anyways.

Doghelmer

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 08:07:28 pm »
All issues appear to be fixed in 2.5.7.3.  Thank you!