Hello Guest

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Using 2D Toolkit TileMap prefabs with DunGen  (Read 4339 times)

MBoffin

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Using 2D Toolkit TileMap prefabs with DunGen
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:31:00 am »
I tried using DunGen and 2D Toolkit during Global Game Jam 2017 last weekend and totally failed. I was setting up the TileMap prefabs correctly per instructions I've found here, but whenever I generated the map, it came out a total mess with nothing rendered correctly at all, tiles overlapping, render data all out of whack, etc. Being a game jam, I didn't have time to sort it out, but tonight I finally dug in and got it working. It seems to be a problem using TileMap prefabs and placing them at new locations during runtime. To get it working, I had to tell each TileMap to .ForceBuild() after the whole map was done being generated. Here's the script I wrote that I attached to the runtime map generator:

using UnityEngine;
using DunGen;

public class TileMapPrefabFix : MonoBehaviour {

void OnEnable() {
        GetComponent<RuntimeDungeon>().Generator.OnGenerationStatusChanged += Generator_OnGenerationStatusChanged;
    }
    void OnDisable() {
        GetComponent<RuntimeDungeon>().Generator.OnGenerationStatusChanged -= Generator_OnGenerationStatusChanged;
    }

private void Generator_OnGenerationStatusChanged(DungeonGenerator generator, GenerationStatus status) {
        if (status == GenerationStatus.Complete) {
            tk2dTileMap[] tileMaps = generator.Root.GetComponentsInChildren<tk2dTileMap>();
            foreach (tk2dTileMap tileMap in tileMaps) {
                tileMap.ForceBuild();
            }
        }
    }
}