Hello Guest

Author Topic: Latest build of 2dtoolkit (bugs)  (Read 4886 times)

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Latest build of 2dtoolkit (bugs)
« on: March 13, 2017, 05:31:40 pm »
I've had a few issues ongoing for the last couple of builds of 2dToolkit (up to 2.5.7.3) with Android deployment. Using Unity 5.5.0f3.

Firstly, the Unity splash screen doesn't initialise correctly! I'm wondering what happens when we get to use Unity Pro and putting our own splash screen. Apart from that the game project loads normally, though it's a relevant bug. Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm also getting a Windows runtime error like this (I suppose 2dtk is having trouble initialising an animation) and wondering what to do about it:

Code: [Select]
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
tk2dBaseSprite.SetSprite (.tk2dSpriteCollectionData newCollection, Int32 newSpriteId) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dBaseSprite.cs:276)
tk2dSpriteAnimator.SetSprite (.tk2dSpriteCollectionData spriteCollection, Int32 spriteId) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteAnimator.cs:739)
tk2dSpriteAnimator.WarpClipToLocalTime (.tk2dSpriteAnimationClip clip, Single time) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteAnimator.cs:689)
tk2dSpriteAnimator.Play (.tk2dSpriteAnimationClip clip, Single clipStartTime, Single overrideFps) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteAnimator.cs:342)
tk2dSpriteAnimator.Play (.tk2dSpriteAnimationClip clip) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteAnimator.cs:205)
tk2dSpriteAnimator.Start () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Code/Sprites/tk2dSpriteAnimator.cs:124)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latest build of 2dtoolkit (bugs)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 05:09:01 pm »
Hi,

This looks like something is null there - looks like its potentially failed to load a collection. How frequently does it happen, anddoes it happen on any other platforms?

Do all the items in resources exist correctly?

Square

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:38:13 pm »
These are unrelated bugs.

Thanks for your advice on the second compile error. Is there a way to debug so I know which asset is causing the problem?

The really worrying bug is the Unity splash screen error, because I will not know how to fix it. It's only on Android and has been persistent since 2dToolkit 2.5.7.x I believe.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:08:24 pm »
1. You can set a breakpoint before that line to see which collection / sprite is causing the issue and quite quickly narrow it down.

2. I cant think of anything 2D Toolkit could do to affect the unity splash screen - when the unity splash screen is visible 2D Toolkit wouldn't even have loaded then...