Hello Guest

Author Topic: duplicate sprite collection and use it with the same animation collection :-)  (Read 4225 times)

babarzor

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi, may be is it simple but i don't how to do.. So, is there a simple way to create an alternative version of a sprite collection, swapping easily beetween them and in sharing the same animation collection ? for example i have a character with different suits and i want to swap it just with alternatives version of sprites sheet images..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi there,

There really isn't a way to do this automatically - its easy enough to write a script for though. Let me know if you wants some pointers for this. Alternatively, you can simply generate all your animation collections in code. There is an unsupported data driven sprite collections sample here (http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,4546.0.html) that lets you do just that with a simple script.

babarzor

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi! thanks for the answer.
Actually my first problem was that for an unknown reason Cltr+D was blocked with 2dtk collections :-(
Finally it came back and with a few amount of manual work i could get a alternative version of my sprite collection in deleting references (it was a first step) but as you said it doesn't work with animations indeed.
If i  want to do the same with an animation collection, not only each sprite must be exchange one by one but also after commiting the collection doesn't appear in the animator list :-(
Even If it is not possible to work with an unique collection may be  you have cool pointers to help me, i'm always interested :-)

About Data driven collection, this technique is very interesting but i think i will use this option maybe for some more smallest things than the main character because he hold a lot of animamtions, and also enter manually all parameters like all collisions, changing according the sprite shape, may be laborious and complicated.  as i said in an another topic (may be...)
i'm very beginner, my game is a little bit a gas factory and each modification still cause collataral unexpected effects :-p i keep the technique for the next one which should be better and better done :-p thanks
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:08:06 am by babarzor »