Hello Guest

Author Topic: Issues with Unity 2018  (Read 82128 times)

csumsky3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • www.moonlightkids.co
Re: Issues with Unity 2018
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:13 am »
Oh perfect, that sounds great. Consider me a volunteer!

Zeptolab

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 08:14:37 am »
Hi, guys! Any news?

Arnold

• 2D Toolkit
  • Create something you love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 01:04:15 pm »
I gladly help with any testing needed -> hello@tinytouchtales.com

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:24 pm »
Cheers for the offer for help guys. Will let you know when the update is ready - still needs quite a bit of work as it requires so many changes.

LifeZero

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 09:26:31 am »
Hi there.

We had to upgrade to 2018.3 before launch (this January) but now we're not able to commit changes in any collection (just wanted to rescale them). We tried the solution given in this thread (reimporting 2DT), but to no avail. Is there any other workaround for this? Or should we do something else aside from just reimporting the package from the Asset Store?

Thanks in advance.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 10:07:38 pm »
Yet another dead end :( This is proving way more messy than I thought it would be.
Back to the drawing board...

Maybe all is not lost. If anyone wants to try this patch please let me know. It works, and will get you through last minute fixes for your game. Dont know how stable it will be overall though - 2d toolkit grew a LOT over the years and there are tons of obscure features that I don't use any more.

Basically what works is -
you can now commit sprite collections and animations. It doesn't refresh in the scene automatically but if you reload the scene it fixes itself up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:51:43 pm by unikronsoftware »

csumsky3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • www.moonlightkids.co
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 10:58:14 pm »
It doesn't refresh in the scene automatically but if you reload the scene it fixes itself up.

So this is the only thing not working in the fix you have? I think we can probably deal with that... I'd be game to be a guinea pig for you if you're ready for one.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:34 pm »
It doesn't refresh in the scene automatically but if you reload the scene it fixes itself up.

So this is the only thing not working in the fix you have? I think we can probably deal with that... I'd be game to be a guinea pig for you if you're ready for one.

Honestly, not sure - I only managed to get even this working. Clutching at straws now - the way unity has changed this has caused serious issues. If you fancy trying this out - drop me an email on support.

csumsky3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • www.moonlightkids.co
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 11:04:48 pm »
Hmm ok, I'll give it a little more time in that case. We're still pretty early in the project, so if it isn't a very safe upgrade, it's probably best if we hold off for now. But if you do hit a point where you're happy with something and need a tester, I'll be waiting on standby to help!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:10:07 pm by unikronsoftware »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 11:10:36 pm »
Oops! edited your post instead of replying to it...

If you're early on in a project I would not recommend updating to 2018.3 any time soon tbh. My other solution (which is paused because it is so complicated) involves converting all assets in a one off process. Thats what I will end up doing I think? Really depends on how reliable it ends up being.

Only reason I would recommend trying this current fix is if you have updated to 2018.3, don't have a backup, and/or are otherwise stuck.

csumsky3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • www.moonlightkids.co
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 11:37:58 pm »
Well we're sorta stuck with 2018.3 at this point, kinda dove headfirst into their new nested prefabs and prefab variant features haha (among a few other cool things). Ironic that it's those very features that are causing your pain! We are currently laying down a lot of foundation work for the game, so bringing in new assets and anims has actually slowed down a lot, so we can stand to wait a bit for you to get through it. If we really hit a wall.... well then we'll just figure something out at that time :P

Thanks for all the hard work on this so far!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 10:10:45 pm »
Obligatory daily update.
Found a bug in Unity 2018.3. Reported to Unity, hopefully there is an easy workaround, as if this works then we have a fix (fingers crossed!)

Micha

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:28 am »
Quote from: unikronsoftware
Basically what works is -
you can now commit sprite collections and animations. It doesn't refresh in the scene automatically but if you reload the scene it fixes itself up.

Hey :)

Could you give me access to this version that supports commiting atlas changes in Unity 2018.3?
We upgraded Unity will release an update to our game on Steam next week, so it would be great to have this fix. (I fixed some things myself so that I'm able to save the atlas, but I would be more confident if the fix is done by you)

mangoocean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:47 pm »
Obligatory daily update.
Found a bug in Unity 2018.3. Reported to Unity, hopefully there is an easy workaround, as if this works then we have a fix (fingers crossed!)

Hi - been 8 days since an update. Hoping you can respond asap so we can rearrange our schedules again in line with a fix as our project is quickly approaching alpha.
Thank you.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:21 pm »
I've had a response back from Unity, and its a bug that hasn't yet been fixed (even in 2019)
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/prefabs-references-are-lost-when-modifying-prefab

I have been trying various workarounds to try and get a different solution - but as it stands, the rebuild works correctly but in scene references get broken due to the above. Anyone desperate for a fix - I would recommend importing our temp fix, but it still causes major issues (i.e. you need to reload the scene to see changes) as of right now.

Edit: I should add they are not broken, but they are broken in the viewport and in the inspector until the scene is reloaded, or a script recompile is triggered... Net result = not a great result, but its not broken.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:57:17 pm by unikronsoftware »