Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA (Updated 9 Apr)  (Read 33057 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA (Updated 9 Apr)
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:09:54 pm »
BETA3 RELEASE - Unity 2018.3.7 required for this release
After reworking this numerous times, this is progressing in the right direction.

Keep in mind this is still a beta! Make backups before updating.

Fixed issues
  • Edit functionality has been now fixed! Moved to 2D Toolkit / Edit menu.
  • Font commit moved to menu, now works as expected
  • Fixed issues with ui component prefabs not saving

Known issues
  • Sometimes sprites don't update in the viewport, but will be sorted when the scene is re-opened

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 06:26:02 pm by unikronsoftware »

zblack

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:37:50 pm »
I'm trying out the 2.5.8.12b2 build with Unity 2018.3.9f1. Sprite collections are committing and I can see the changes reflected in the scene. However, when I go back to edit the collection again it seems to be loading the old one? Sprites that I had removed/added/renamed are all back. Is there a cache for this being held somewhere?

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 05:40:02 am »
This should be fixed with this Beta (open sprite collection through new „Edit...“ funtion in tk2d menu).

However, I had one or two occasions where it still happened again and added sprites where missing on later opening. It seems not to be 100% stable yet. However I couldn‘t reproduce it and find a stable root cause to report. For now I just check back immediately to not later forget what needs to be in the collection, and it is ok most of the time!

Please note that there is still one other issue in case you use platform support. If you change source graphics on the filesystem, Unity just updates the platform collection that is currently selected for the editor. The other(s) will be messed up. Make sure you finally re-check all supported resolutions explicitly and re-commit them in tk2d collection editor, if required.

Regards, habitoti
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.

zblack

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »
There is definitely some kind of cache happening. I can quit Unity, restart, etc. and the new sprite I have set in the scene is still there - properly assigned. But when I open the collection with  the Edit menu, it's not visible in the collection.

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:22 pm »
The sprite in your scene comes from the generated atlas. This part is not the issue, as the atlas is generated once you commited the added sprites. The source metadata (the sprite you added to the collection and the settings you chose for it) is — still seemingly sometimes — not properly persisted in the collection prefab. That’s why it’s missing on the next opening of the editor. So it’s a design time issue, not a runtime one.

I have to say that it’s much better now if you take special care. At least there is a high chance you eventually end up with what you need (especially working with multiple res.-platforms). I’d prefer if we were back at the works-always-no-worries state of a few years back, but it was worse when I had to keep a list of newly added sprites to re-add them whenever another change was required. That was extremely error-prone and annoying. I’d probably give tk2d a pass by now if I’d not have “fallen in love” with so many of the great detail features it has...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:42:48 pm by habitoti »

crablue

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 02:03:32 pm »
Where can I receive BETA2?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 09:19:39 am »
Here, you need to register your copy first
http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php?index.php/topic,34.0.html

dlegare-synapse

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 07:51:46 pm »
I'm running into an issue when editing a prefab with a tk2dUIToggleButtonGroup. When I attempt to change the send message target, the changes are lost when I leave Prefab Mode. If I enable the debug view in the inspector, I'm able to make changes to the prefab without losing them, so I suspect that the issue is with tk2dUIToggleButtonGroupEditor. I'm guessing the custom editor logic for marking objects as dirty isn't working well in the context of the new Prefab Mode.

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 08:17:48 pm »
Yeah, noticed the same, however seemingly only the message settings seem not to set the dirty flag. I work around this by changing some other switch back and forth, each time saving. Then also the message settings will be persisted properly.

mangoocean

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 05:08:57 am »
Editing a sheet works but can't create new sheets - when will this be fixed? Been waiting so long for fix now and my project is desperately behind now.  >:( >:( >:(

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 07:04:12 am »
Couldn‘t you just copy an existing one, clean it up and reuse — for the time being?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 04:33:59 pm »
Editing a sheet works but can't create new sheets - when will this be fixed? Been waiting so long for fix now and my project is desperately behind now.  >:( >:( >:(

Have you not updated to the latest version? This has been working since the last update from 11 March. If there any any specific problems creating new sprite collections please report. Re: your report about the font, I am investigating that now (assuming this is different?)

travelsound84

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA (Updated 9 Apr)
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2019, 04:29:09 pm »
Sorry for asking, but where can I get this latest BETA?
Cheers

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2019, 04:31:55 pm »
Its linked on this page - register your copy following instructions here: http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

Arnold

• 2D Toolkit
  • Create something you love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 06:12:08 pm »
Hi,

with the latest Unity 2019 i get this error when hitting save in a scene.
This has not stopped me from running my game and i don't know what Unity is erroring on:

Code: [Select]
InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException (System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[T].MoveNextRare () (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[T].MoveNext () (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
tk2dIndex.GetSpriteCollectionIndex () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/tk2dIndex.cs:76)
tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.RebuildOutOfDate (System.String[] changedPaths) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:147)
tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher.OnPostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromAssetPaths) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionTextureWatcher.cs:37)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <1f0c1ef1ad524c38bbc5536809c46b48>:0)
UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:633)
UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal.PostprocessAllAssets (System.String[] importedAssets, System.String[] addedAssets, System.String[] deletedAssets, System.String[] movedAssets, System.String[] movedFromPathAssets) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetPostprocessor.cs:144)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()