Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA  (Read 314 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:09:54 PM »
BETA2 RELEASE - Unity 2018.3.7 required for this release
After reworking this numerous times, this is progressing in the right direction.

Keep in mind this is still a beta! Make backups before updating.

Fixed issues
  • Edit functionality has been now fixed! Moved to 2D Toolkit / Edit menu.

Known issues
  • Sometimes sprites don't update in the viewport, but will be sorted when the scene is re-opened

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:20:38 PM by unikronsoftware »

zblack

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:37:50 PM »
I'm trying out the 2.5.8.12b2 build with Unity 2018.3.9f1. Sprite collections are committing and I can see the changes reflected in the scene. However, when I go back to edit the collection again it seems to be loading the old one? Sprites that I had removed/added/renamed are all back. Is there a cache for this being held somewhere?

habitoti

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Rombos Homepage
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.5.8.12 BETA
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:40:02 AM »
This should be fixed with this Beta (open sprite collection through new „Edit...“ funtion in tk2d menu).

However, I had one or two occasions where it still happened again and added sprites where missing on later opening. It seems not to be 100% stable yet. However I couldn‘t reproduce it and find a stable root cause to report. For now I just check back immediately to not later forget what needs to be in the collection, and it is ok most of the time!

Please note that there is still one other issue in case you use platform support. If you change source graphics on the filesystem, Unity just updates the platform collection that is currently selected for the editor. The other(s) will be messed up. Make sure you finally re-check all supported resolutions explicitly and re-commit them in tk2d collection editor, if required.

Regards, habitoti
Checkout our homepage or visit the Rombos blog.