Hello Guest

Author Topic: Only 3 options under create->tk2d  (Read 4281 times)

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Only 3 options under create->tk2d
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:57:31 am »
When clicking create->tk2d I only see 3 options, Sprite Collection, Sprite Animation and Font.  Admitedly I am new to 2d Toolkit but following the docs, I want to create an Animated Sprite and the docs don't jibe with what I'm seeing.

What have I buggered up?

[EDIT]  it looks like if I click Add Component I can get access to the SpriteAnimation.  I'll mess around with that and see where that gets me. If someone out the knows I am way in the weeds please shoot me a signal flare.

Thanks,
-E
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:10:56 am by Mezcaholic »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Only 3 options under create->tk2d
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:07:08 am »
You're probably mixing up the hierarchy & project windows.

You create sprite collections, sprite animations, fonts in the project window as they are global to your project.
You create sprites, textmeshes, etc. in the hierarchy window as they live in the scene.

Mezcaholic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:00:49 am »
Thanks for replying, I have noticed that you are very diligent with answering user's queries. 

I figured it out some time last night, I have my first simple animation up and running.  Also thanks for approving me for the downloads, the beta is quite nice, especially the animation editor.

I see that in the tutorial it shows the heirarchy panel, you may want to call this out or highlight it for your noob users like myself.  I know nothing about Unity and 2D Toolkit so I'm easy to confuse.

-E

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »
Noted. This is fixed in the new docs for 1.90