Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tile issue in Tilemap  (Read 3897 times)

LoserKidKlazy

• View Profile
Tile issue in Tilemap
« on: January 14, 2013, 04:32:37 am »
Im not seeing this issue in other people's projects but my tilemap collision is weird. I have checked my tiles in Photoshop a million times and I have try a bunch of different settings in Unity but Im getting like a 1 pixel space on all my tiles. This is ugly yes, but it causes an issue with my player isGounded collision so it keeps firing of my Falling animation every time it crosses the gap between two tiles. I haven't changed any Unity settings. Any ideas? Again, it is not the png.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tile issue in Tilemap
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:11:48 am »
about the gap, have you looked at this?
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,294.0.html

That likely isn't what is causing the issue with the collision, the issue looks like a graphics filtering issue, and wouldn't affect physics at all. Are you using the built in tilemap feature? If not, then this is probably the Physx issue - you could try to attach them all to one GameObject (make them all children of one empty gameObject, add a rigidbody, and make it kinematic).

LoserKidKlazy

• View Profile
Re: Tile issue in Tilemap
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 05:01:18 am »
SOLVED:

So it I got it working, but Im not sure the exact science behind it. When setting up the Sprite Collection I went in to the setting and set the Texture Settings Filter Mode to Point and  (I think this is the big one) set Aniso Level to 0. The problem was I loaded a group single tiles into the collection so when it build the altus it was adding a 1 pixel space between each tile. Whatever those setting do seem to fix my problem.