Hello Guest

Author Topic: TileMap Questions  (Read 4299 times)

johntvolk

• View Profile
TileMap Questions
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »
Hi,

A couple of questions (feature requests?) about TileMaps:

* Is there a way to have a tilemap brush paint to multiple layers at the same time? For example, a platform where the lower half is on a Ground layer and the upper half is on the Ignore layer. It seems like the best way to do this would be via picking something in the scene that has already been painted using the standard layer controls.

* I haven't been able to get picking via alt-click to work. It seems that ctrl-click does this (rather than deleting), and alt-click either doesn't do anything or gets interrupted by Unity trapping the alt-key event.

* Is there a way (or will there be a way) to pick and erase at the same time?

Thanks.

- John

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TileMap Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 11:05:57 pm »
The code should paint multiple layers at a time, but there isn't any way to create brushes like this, so its kinda useless at the moment.

Are you on mac? If you're on mac control+click will pick up, command+click  = erase. The docs are wrong :( I'll update them.

Please post the rest of your requests here so it doesn't get forgotten. The tilemap editor will be getting a bit of attention in the near future, so any input is appreciated.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,1096.0.html

johntvolk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:52 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am on a Mac. I tried to follow that link, but got some sort of error that bounced me to the main forum page.

- John

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »
Register your copy as shown here:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php?index.php/topic,34.0.html

to get access to the private support forum.