Hello Guest

Author Topic: Issue with 1.90 Animation Editor  (Read 4765 times)

artman186

• View Profile
Issue with 1.90 Animation Editor
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:13:09 pm »
I just upgraded my toolkit to version 1.90 this morning.  Whenever I try to open an existing Sprite Animation with the 1.90 editor, the center frame preview window appears zoomed in...*extremely* zoomed in.  Is there some kind of zoom-in/zoom-out functionality?  To add some additional information, if I create a new clip, the preview window appears to be "zoomed" to an appropriate level.  As soon as I select another clip, the preview window zooms in again.

I tried creating a new animation from scratch and everything appears correct until I commit and close the window.  When I re-open the new animation, I have the same issue.

One final note, using the scroll wheel appears to move the preview window diagonally?

I'm using the 1.90 toolkit with Unity 4.0.1f2.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with 1.90 Animation Editor
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »
Hi there,
You can zoom in / out using the scroll wheel with the mouse cursor in the preview window. I think I know why everything looks super tiny in there, I'll investigate it.

artman186

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:40 pm »
If I create a brand new animated clip, I can see how the scrolling in/out with the mouse wheel works.  It's not quite how I would have expected (a la stock Windows PNG viewer) but it's functional.  However, when trying to view existing clips or switching between clips in a single animation, I can zoom in/out to my heart's content and my sprite never appears in the window.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:50:28 pm »
The zooming in/out is modelled after the Unity viewport rather than any particular OS
Pressing F should move back to the origin and reset the translation / scale applied. I'll look into this a bit further when I'm back on my WIndows machine.

artman186

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »
Thanks for checking into this for me =]

I tried using F to reset the viewport, but I am still unable to see anything in the preview window for any existing clips.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:01 pm »
This may sound like a dumb question, but do you have anything selected in the timeline, or are you playing the clip? The clip editor doesn't show anything unless something is selected, or you're previewing a clip.

artman186

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »
That's not nearly as dumb a question as my answer, which is obviously no =]  I see exactly how I got confused now, thanks.

Just as a suggestion, if you load the first frame automatically when you load a clip without making them click on it manually I think that may help more first-timers with the new editor like myself.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »
I actually had it working like that initially, but then decided to swap it to the current behaviour as it was near impossible to actually preview a one-shot animation properly, as it instantly went back to the first frame after the last.

That was the only reasoning behind changing the behaviour so it didn't automatically select a frame.

Might have to think of another solution, maybe some text to say "press play to see preview"