Hello Guest

Author Topic: Making the char. move on a terrain like SNES's Zelda game view.  (Read 4679 times)

Saputo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Making the char. move on a terrain like SNES's Zelda game view.
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:09:24 pm »
Id hate to ask this question on here, but no one On the PlayMaker Fourms will answer me,

I'm making a Game that has the same view as SNES's Zelda but my Char wont move, when I use the char. controller,I even set up the Gravity to 0,0,1 and nothing. For some reason when i go left or right the char spins as if he is not ground! How can I make this work,so I can walk around and have the camera follow the player,from a top down view like Zelda in a 2D game.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Making the char. move on a terrain like SNES's Zelda game view.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:09:07 pm »
One way to work around this is to take all your sprites, rotate them so they're on the XZ plane and then use the character controller "normally". That might be the easiest option in your case.

So, everything is exactly the same as it is right now, except you connect all your sprites to a root empty GameObject, and then rotate the GameObject so the whole world is now lying on the XZ plane. That way a conventional character controller set up should just work.

There is an issue with the character controller moving vertically - it doesn't slide vertically, and there doesn't seem to be any way around this...

Saputo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Making the char. move on a terrain like SNES's Zelda game view.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:42:54 am »
K i'll give it a shot,ty bud