Hello Guest

Author Topic: Confusion about platform supports  (Read 4130 times)

jamesdhooks

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Confusion about platform supports
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:57:40 am »
I'm about to start implementing platform support for my game but I need some clarification first because i'm dealing with large quantity of files.

As its stands i'm working with 1x texture sizes, and my source texture files are organized in category specific(but not collection specific) folders. I've read the documentation on working with different platforms and it says that all files work according to Assets/SpriteCollection/Textures/test.png. and then other platform files would be found at Assets/SpriteCollection/Textures/test@2x.png

So for example I have a file "Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Projectiles/bullet.png", if in the same folder i have the files "bullet@2x.png", "bullet@4x.png".  And in the same collection i have the files  "Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Players/player1.png", "player1@2x.png", "player1@4x.png". Would this be correct?

I just want o be sure before I got and save out dozens of the wrong files in the wrong place.

Thank you!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Confusion about platform supports
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:50 am »
Yup, you can do that no problem. If you'd like to reduce the number of files, you could put all your sprites into a spritesheet (regularly spaced) and import that instead.

For:
Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Players/player1.png

Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Players/2x/player1.png
or
Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Players/player1@2x.png
or
Assets/Resources/Sprites/Src/Players/2x/player1@2x.png