Hello Guest

Author Topic: Deleting demo folder breaks 2D Toolkit  (Read 6555 times)

largePek

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Deleting demo folder breaks 2D Toolkit
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:03 pm »
Hi,

Whenever I delete the demo folder that comes with 2D Toolkit, and then try to create a new Sprite, I get "Unable to create sprite as no SpriteCollections have been found".

How to reproduce (in Unity 4):
  • Import 2D Toolkit (check everything)
  • Delete the demo folder:  /TK2DROOT/tk2d_demo
  • Create a new sprite collection
  • Try to create a sprite

I tried rebuilding the index but it doesn't work. If I re-import the package (with the demo) and rebuild the index, it works again.

I'd really like to delete the demo folder. Is there a reason why I should keep it?

Thanks.

nikolic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Deleting demo folder breaks 2D Toolkit
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:28 pm »
Go to http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/board,4.0.html, pick a version you want and download file named 2dtoolkitxxx_src.unitypackage. Those packages contains only source code.

If you haven't done that already, you'll have to register your copy of 2D Toolkit in order to access that part of the forum.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:07:39 am »
Hi,

Whenever I delete the demo folder that comes with 2D Toolkit, and then try to create a new Sprite, I get "Unable to create sprite as no SpriteCollections have been found".

• Try to create a sprite

I tried rebuilding the index but it doesn't work. If I re-import the package (with the demo) and rebuild the index, it works again.

I'd really like to delete the demo folder. Is there a reason why I should keep it?

Thanks.

What is in the new sprite collection you create? How many sprite / fonts are there in there?

I just tried this, and I get the error if there isn't anything in the collection. No problem if I add a sprite to the collection. Maybe I'm missing something?

As nikolic says, you can simply get the source packages from in there if you don't want the demos in there to save you a bit of time.

largePek

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:52:04 pm »
Hi,

• Try to create a sprite

Thanks.

What is in the new sprite collection you create? How many sprite / fonts are there in there?

I just tried this, and I get the error if there isn't anything in the collection. No problem if I add a sprite to the collection. Maybe I'm missing something?

As nikolic says, you can simply get the source packages from in there if you don't want the demos in there to save you a bit of time.

I remember I had at least two sprites to test with. Today I opened Unity, deleted the demo folder, and nothing broke..... Oh well. I'll grab the source anyway. Thanks!