Hello Guest

Author Topic: Version Control Issue  (Read 4664 times)

imnickb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Version Control Issue
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:56:39 am »
Hi, I've made a habit of checking my projects into subversion as I'm working even though I'm the only one touching stuff. It's saved me a few times. I also need to get my project from my mac to my pc at some point to be able to build for different platforms. I pulled down my project today to a different directory on the same computer to make sure my repository was mirroring my local build properly. When I pulled it down and tried to open a scene I got all sorts of 2D Toolkit errors. In my efforts to debug this problems, I tried selecting Rebuild Index and I realized that the only thing I have in the 2D ToolKit menu is "Setup for JavaScript." Is there something I need to do to get my build pulled from Subversion to work properly without errors? It looks like it's not seeing all of the 2DToolKit. I though maybe it had something to do with licenses or something but I'm on the same machine with the same version of Unity signed in with the same user name and everything. What am I missing?

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version Control Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »
Hi there.

There is no licensing issue with 2D Toolkit - it is source code after all.

First things first, do you have meta files enabled, and only check in the appropriate files as described here?
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/ExternalVersionControlSystemSupport.html

Next - open up the console, and start looking at the error messages. These will need to be resolved before tk2d will start working again. What error messages are you getting specifically? Once the errors are resolved - they could be anywhere, in your code, in some broken tk2d code, etc. everything should start working again.

imnickb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:10:20 am »
Thanks for the response. I figured out the issue. It seems that when I added the 2DToolKit to Subversion I must have left out a couple of files somehow and that was causing the issue. Incredibly stupid, I know. Either way, it's fixed. Thanks for the help!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »
Glad its sorted.