Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unity crashes then 2D Toolkit disappear  (Read 5343 times)

ryf9059

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Unity crashes then 2D Toolkit disappear
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:19:42 am »
So this is the second time the problem happens

Somehow my unity become unresponsive and I have to restart it, then my layout changed to default and sprites disappear, when click on sprite there is only a box collider and the inspector says: The associated scripts cannot be loaded, please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script. I then try to rebuild it but get bunch of errors as mentioned in this post http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/434324/unity-crashed-then-alll-scripts-cant-be-loaded.html. Also my 2D Toolkit is gone: there is no 2D TK option under create or anywhere else except on the menu bar with the only option of "Setup for javascript left". By reimporting 2DTK from asset store will not solve the problem.

This happened once before and I reinstall unity to solve it where the previous scene file save is gone and I have to recreate it, but i can't just reinstall everytime and bare the risk of losing data. Since this problem happened twice and only with 2DTK so I guess there might be a problem here (or maybe unity's, idk for sure).

I will attach screenshots for the problem I'm describing.

(P.S. After finish posting I realize I forgot to attach one screenshot, but in the modify section there isn't an option for uploading attachment, so I have to remove the post and repost the attachments, possible fix?)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unity crashes then 2D Toolkit disappear
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:51:50 pm »
This looks like there is a script error. You should look through the console window to see what errors there are.
Since tk2d is a script, it will fail to compile even if you have an error in your own scripts.

If you're stuck, post the error messages in your console window here.