Hello Guest

Author Topic: Animated Sprite not working on Android  (Read 4236 times)

Asvari

• View Profile
Animated Sprite not working on Android
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:19:02 am »
Maybe this is just a simple matter, but animated sprites somehow seem not to work on android for me. I use 1.6 + Patch 1

I have some animated sprites with single image animations (I use them to change between 5 buttonsstates) and change between them with animatedsprite.Play("animationname"). Everything works just fine - on windows. As soon as I export my project to android (I'm testing on a Asus Transformer TF300t and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus) code executions stops everwhere I try to play an animation of an animated sprite. I tried to force square for my atlas - this resulted in having the wrong images / animations on mobile additionally to code not working anymore, but still everything correct on windows.

Did I forget to check some options or is this an issue solved in newer versions of 2DToolkit?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Sprite not working on Android
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:22:14 am »
It could be anything really - 1.6 is over a year old - there could be an incompatibility with whatever version of Unity you're using, especially if you upgraded, etc.

You should update when you can.
Please back up your project before updating - this is going to be a pretty big jump from 1.6 -> 1.92

Asvari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:31:50 am »
Thank you, I hoped to avoid messing up everything by upgrading (I'm sure it will), but then this seems like the best idea now.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:45:54 am »
I suggest doing it in stages - each update is thoroughly tested, so if you update from 1.6 -> 1.7 and test your game, and then keep updating like that you should be fine.

Asvari

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
Already done - everything works now. I updated directly from 1.6 to 1.92 + patch 1, no problems so far and the only thing I had to do after updating was rename my sprite collection which was still named SpriteCollection. I'm positively surprised, very nice work  :)

so thanks for help, I'm happy now ;)