Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pixel Perfect Move  (Read 4059 times)

DanTsukasa

• 2D Toolkit
  • I love Games Design
    • View Profile
    • Team Ekko
Pixel Perfect Move
« on: May 03, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »
Hey

I've noticed that some of my sprite animations don't line up perfectly, ie: frame 1 is a little further left than frame 2 which is noticeable in the animation, I can and will go ahead and fix this in my spritesheet shortly, but I was thinking pehaps it might be a useful feature in the Sprite Collection or in the Sprite Animation Editor, to be able to set an offset for that specific frame.

I know it seems a little lazy to request a feature for something I can simply fix in my own work, and I will fix it myself, but it might be worth it in the future, as its dramatically easier to line up sprites in Unity itself due to seeing each sprite individually, wheras on a sprite sheet, if you've a lot of sprites, it will result in a lot of back and forth editing..

I'm also a little unsure if moving my sprite left by say 2 pixels, would actually have an effect on my atlas in unity itself, or would unity simply update that when it rebuilds the atlas and Sprite Collection data?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pixel Perfect Move
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »
It isn't possible at the moment, and adding support will mean adding unnecessary code into the sprite class - it'll add a constant overhead for something that perhaps isn't going to be used all that often...

DanTsukasa

• 2D Toolkit
  • I love Games Design
    • View Profile
    • Team Ekko
Re: Pixel Perfect Move
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:54 am »
Thats a good point, I've fixed it in my own sheet already, thought perhaps someone else might have use for it too, especially with a huge spritesheet.

Thanks for the reply, you're pretty on the ball with this forum, and its much appreciated.