Hello Guest

Author Topic: There is a gap between perfectly aligned sprites and/or tilemap tiles. (again)  (Read 4973 times)

hayatoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
I looked through the forums and I saw this thread in the faq section. I followed the steps (making the pad method to extend) but I still see a small separation.

To be more specific, this happens only when the camera is at a certain location in the scene. The gaps appear randomly as the camera moves. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are you using a perspective cameara?

hayatoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
No, I'm using orthographic. I'm using the tk2dcamera if that makes any difference.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you're using tk2dCamera, try making sure the camera position is always a round number. You should NEVER see any weirdness if your camera is at a round number. Also, there is a higher likelihood of this happening when scaled. And finally, are you using point filtering?

hayatoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
The camera position is a round number. I am however using a custom camera resolution (240x160).

I am also using point filtering for all the sprites.

I dont know if this is related or not but even the editor camera shows a gap when the camera is positioned in a certain location.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Can you try increasing padding (padding is off for point filtered sprites) and try again? If not are you able to set up a repro case for me? support at unikronsoftware dot com if possible

hayatoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Fantastic, the setting the extra padding helped. Thanks!