Hello Guest

Author Topic: MultiPlattaform ToolKit or not?  (Read 4673 times)

raygozajc

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
MultiPlattaform ToolKit or not?
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:17:04 pm »
I want to make decisions to start a new multiplication 2d game, what is the best process to follow in relation of multiple screen resolutions? Only to use the scale property in the camera?, Use different resolution assets?

Do yo recommend MultiPlattaform ToolKit from asset store? (expensive)

Thanks

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MultiPlattaform ToolKit or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:33 pm »
It really depends on the type of game you're making... if you post some images of what you're trying to do and how you want the game to react with different resolutions, then perhaps I could make some more detailed suggestions.

I've heard people having really good experiences working with Multiplatform toolkit.

raygozajc

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:02:02 am »
The game is a 2d scrolling runner, is only 2d game (like storm the train). I want to design to IPad Retina and Ipad 2...

My concern is if i need 4x and 2x different textures, and sprites, or only can i design the assets for iPad Retina and then scale them.

:

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:17:22 pm »
You can use the platform specific sprite collections feature to switch between 4x and 2x and 1x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/2.00/advanced/platform_specific_sprite_collections.html

You could do the top toolbar using the tk2dCameraAnchor (needs tk2dCamera in the current version, but no longer in 2D Toolkit 2.1 which will be out soon).
You should get MPTK if you need completely different layouts and stuff between platforms - it works really well for stuff like that.