Hello Guest

Author Topic: Changing properties of multiple sprite collections all at once  (Read 7698 times)

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
Suppose I have 45 sprite collections. Suppose also that I'd like to change the texture compression on all those sprite collections. Suppose, in addition, that I would not like to have to click a sprite collection, click "Open Editor", change the texture compression, and click "commit" 45 times. Suppose I've done this three times already and I've had about enough of it ;)

FWIW I'm still using 1.92 because of reasons so maybe this is something that's been added in a newer version, but for my sanity, is there any way to make this easier? I looked into trying to script this in the editor but there doesn't seem to be a simple "Commit" method of sprite collections or anything like that.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Changing properties of multiple sprite collections all at once
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:56 am »
Go into Debug Mode in the inspector, then you can change the compression for all selected sprite collections at once with the 'texture compression' drop-down without going into the sprite editor.

Debug mode is in the menu at the top right next to the lock icon.

edit: that probably won't commit the changes to the atlases themsevles, but you can just multi-select them and change them all at once as well.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:11:30 am by profanicus »

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 05:11:42 am »
I tried that before, but the problem is that it doesn't actually commit the change, so I still have to go into each collection in the editor and commit it manually.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:13:37 am »
As my ninja edit said, you just have to change the atlas texture compression don't you? Which you can do with multi-select.

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 05:17:14 am »
I did THAT too ;) but then any changes to the sprite collection changes the atlas texture's settings back to whatever's specified in the sprite collection, unless I change it so it's "user defined."

Of course changing them all to "user defined" requires opening them all one by one and AAAAAAAAH

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 05:26:01 am »
The first step should stop that happening since it changes the collection setting itself, and any subsequent 'Commits' update the atlas with the new setting. It works here but then I am not using 1.92 ... ;)

Did you try 'save project' or restarting Unity after changing the collections in Debug mode? Or Rebuild Index?

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:29:24 am »
....oh, that's true :Va I didn't think of doing both, haha.

Well I'll keep that in mind then! And hopefully I can update to 2.10 on the next project :P Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 10:22:09 am »
Yup, changing both will do the job :D