Hello Guest

Author Topic: How to integrate Shuriken-Magic to 2DToolkit  (Read 5655 times)

Harry

• View Profile
How to integrate Shuriken-Magic to 2DToolkit
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »
Hi all,

There are anyone use Shuriken-Magic on 2DTookit success.
When i integrate it on 2dtk, i can only see some dots appear.
Despite of I set scale, size of camera but nothing improvement.
If you meet the same problem, please help me point what problem here.

Waiting for your response early.
The link of Shuriken-magic :https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3903

Regards,

Harry

• View Profile
Re: How to integrate Shuriken-Magic to 2DToolkit
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:46:33 pm »
I find down the particle display very tiny. Anyone know the way to scale them.
The notice when using 2dtk have to make perfect pixel with camera for sprite to display them correct on screen.
But I don't know where to scale particle.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:59:17 pm »
As it says at the bottom of the Shuriken magic page:
Please note that due to the way Shuriken is done, scaling the effects is not easy (not impossible, just tedious). The cubes in the demo are 1*1*1m, so the effects are "realistic" in size. There is a great effect scaler (link)  that might help a lot though.

You can either do that, or change your sprite sizes to suit the particles.

If your sprites are tiny and you have to click make pixel perfect on them, you haven't created them correctly. The sprite collection should have the same settings as the camera, and your sprites will be pixel perfect without having to click anything at all.

Harry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:24:18 am »
Hi,

I create a scene as below image. I just confirm is it missing something to combine 2dtk with Suriken?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 10:23:30 am »
There is no issue with Shuriken and tk2d, but in a lot of cases, you will need to rescale the particle effects to fit the 2D scene.

The author of that package says the same thing on his product page:
Please note that due to the way Shuriken is done, scaling the effects is not easy (not impossible, just tedious). The cubes in the demo are 1*1*1m, so the effects are "realistic" in size. There is a great effect scaler (link)  that might help a lot though.

You can try that effect scaler link to help scale the particles, or you can do it manually - its a pain but doable.

Also, I don't know how that effect caster script works - you should ask the author for support on that specifically.

Harry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 04:16:48 am »
I saw Shuriken-Magic ok, First i use Script Scaler  (http://u3d.as/content/roel-ezendam/particle-scaler/3mU) , is can scaler , but it is bad for particle. Then I update 2dtoolKit -> Ver2.1 is it ok , it not use scaler. We only need edit Make pixel perfect = 100 is all good. Thanks

I have 1 prolem : I want check collider on Particle system  with Mesh Collider, I use void OnParticleCollision(GameObject other) {} , but it not run  . I  have checked : Send Collider Messages.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:05:31 pm »
Sprites don't have colliders by default? This would only work if your sprites had mesh colliders (very inefficient). Your particles would also have to touch the mesh colliders and not be inside it.