Hello Guest

Author Topic: Committing Sprite Animations Does Not Show In Anim Lib  (Read 7411 times)

BTriana

• View Profile
Committing Sprite Animations Does Not Show In Anim Lib
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:57:34 pm »
I've created a 'tk2dAnimation' and added a single clip to it.  After hitting commit, the animation data is not showing up in the tk2d library like my other existing animations are.

Here were all of my steps:
1. Imported frames as .pngs into Unity as True Color.
2. Created a tk2dCollection.
3. Added frames to tk2dCollection.
4. Committed the tk2dCollection that I created.
5. Created a tk2dAnimation.
6. Created a clip in the tk2dAnimation with the frames from my previously created tk2dCollection.
7. Hit commit on my animation.
8. Created an entity with an Animator component.
9. Attempted to assign my created tk2dAnimation to the Anim Lib member of the Animator component, but did not find the data from my tk2dAnimation in the Animation Library.

What should I be checking to better debug this?

I've been trying to debug what occurs in tk2dSpriteAnimationEditorPopup.cs during the Commit() method, but it doesn't seem like the behavior is any different from my other tk2dAnimations.

Here's a screenshot of the dialog where my Animation data is not showing up.  The names of the existing animation data has been blurred, but my current Animation data would be normally appear here after hitting commit on the tk2dAnimation editor popup.

hromoydron

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Committing Sprite Animations Does Not Show In Anim Lib
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:50:45 pm »
If I correctly understand your problem- try in upper menu : 2D Toolkit > Rebuild Index

BTriana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »
If I correctly understand your problem- try in upper menu : 2D Toolkit > Rebuild Index

This worked after three attempts.

Oddly, the first two rebuilds executed and finished (Unity was unblocked) but the same issue with the tk2dSpriteAnimator was occurring.

Thanks for the help =)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »
You shouldn't normally have to call "rebuild index" manually - its normally done automatically. Its probably worth keeping an eye on the console if it happens again. It might be spitting out an error.