Hello Guest

Author Topic: Understanding Platform Specific Assets & Management  (Read 3928 times)

par

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Understanding Platform Specific Assets & Management
« on: August 26, 2013, 03:21:34 pm »
This isn't a bug or error, I'm simply needing some direction in understanding how platform specific assets work with Unity and 2DToolKit. 

In other words, I need different assets for iphone non-retina, iphone retina, ipad, iPad-retina. Is there a tutorial on managing all of this?

I've seen the platform dropdown (with the 1x, 2x, 4x) in the sprite collections (I think?) but I don't understand how to use it.  Likewise does the camera need changing too, depending on platform?

I'm assuming there are some tutorials on this somewhere, I just haven't been able to find them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a ton,

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Understanding Platform Specific Assets & Management
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:59:01 pm »
Hi,
You can find the documentation and some guides here:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/2.20/advanced/platform_specific_sprite_collections.html

The camera doesn't need to change - the sprites are the same size regardless of resolution (think of it as detail). So from 1x -> 2x, the camera doesn't need to change at all. You may need to tweak things if you're dealing with different aspect ratios, etc.

Give it a go, it'll make a lot more sense once you get started.