Hello Guest

Author Topic: TK2D 2.1 + Unity 4.2.0f4 = weird inspector rendering issues  (Read 4231 times)

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
TK2D 2.1 + Unity 4.2.0f4 = weird inspector rendering issues
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:32:15 am »
For some reason all of the custom inspectors associated with 2D Toolkit now render incorrectly after I've updated Unity. Have a look:

"But that looks perfectly normal," you say. Well, what if I told you that I have the last three characters in the "Text" field selected?

The text cursor and text selections simply aren't rendered in any text input boxes. There are also other minor issues such as checkboxes not displaying their "pressed" state, simply switching immediately between on and off, and buttons don't seem to "press in" when I push them, but these are cosmetic issues... the invisible text cursor is a real usability pain.

It only seems to happen in TK2D's custom inspectors. I don't think any of the other plugins I'm using have custom inspectors so I don't know if it's just TK2D or if it's ALL custom inspectors. Default inspectors render fine.

Is this a known issue?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TK2D 2.1 + Unity 4.2.0f4 = weird inspector rendering issues
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:46:16 am »
Apparently this is some weirdness in Unity 4.x that can be fixed by deleting the libraries folder (make sure you have meta files turned on first..)
More details here:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,2642.msg13158.html#msg13158

JFBillingsley

• View Profile
Re: TK2D 2.1 + Unity 4.2.0f4 = weird inspector rendering issues
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »
Weeeeeird, I'll have to give that a shot and see if it helps.