Hello Guest

Author Topic: Blurry sprites even when quality settings is set to beautiful..  (Read 4651 times)

RakeshChatra

• View Profile
Blurry sprites even when quality settings is set to beautiful..
« on: October 19, 2013, 10:55:39 am »
Hi, i am making UI for a game in which i am getting the sprites for 2048*1536 resolution for retina devices and making it half i.e 1204*768 with the help of preview tool for normal devices.. but the sprites are getting blurred on the normal devices.. i have changed the quality settings to Beautiful but stil not able to get the crisp images.. please help..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blurry sprites even when quality settings is set to beautiful..
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:52:27 pm »
If you're displaying at half res, it can't possibly display all the pixels can it? Try making some 1x, 2x texture swaps to get the best possible quality here.

RakeshChatra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:48:54 am »
I am using different resolutions for retina and non retina devices and i have set the quality setting to beautiful in which the texture size is set to full resolution..  are there any settings to be made to get the best result ????

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 11:48:40 am »
Well, the images are only going to look sharp when drawn at native resolution. At any other resolution they will either be upscaled or downscaled. That is why to get perfect sharp images at other resolutions, you will need to swap textures as well using platform specific sprites.