Hello Guest

Author Topic: 3D Object in a 2D World - Problems with Scaling Factors  (Read 4755 times)

Der_Kevin

• View Profile
3D Object in a 2D World - Problems with Scaling Factors
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »
Hey,
i have a problem, i want to do a 2d racer with 3d car models (because of realistic damage/mesh deformers, looks better when the car flips over and so on...)

so, as i said is the track made of 2d sprites with the help of the awesome 2D toolkit. so when i have my house here for example:

this have a scale factor of 1,1,1... perfect!

but when i put in my car model (which i bought from the asset store) i have to scale it up to a factor of 15,15,15 to make it fit to the rest of the game.
now i put edy's vehicle physics on top of my car and it is moving suuuuper slow. of course, because i scaled it up to 15. if i scale it down to 1 again everything is okay with the driving physics but now my house is way to big.

is there any solution for this?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Object in a 2D World - Problems with Scaling Factors
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »
Scale the sprites down instead? :)
You can do that in sprite collection settings - how have you set up the sprite size right now?

Der_Kevin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 12:14:47 pm »
I think the predefined way.
so it says:
Sprite Collection Settings:
Size: Pixels per Meter
Pixels per Meter: 1

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »
Well in this case, just measure how many pixels should amount to one meter of your 3d scene. Just measure it up, set it to that value, and then commit. The sprites should fit in with your 3d stuff like that.