Hello Guest

Author Topic: Multimon cannot find click location in UI  (Read 5253 times)

Daveman

• View Profile
Multimon cannot find click location in UI
« on: November 04, 2013, 07:14:59 pm »
Hello,

We are building a PC + Mac application and looking at 2dToolkit for our UI.  So far it's fantastic except for one glaring problem we can't figure out a solution for.  When we launch a Unity stand-alone app the tk2dButtons work brilliantly unless we move the app to a different monitor.  As soon as we drag it to a different monitor the y coordinate of all the mouse clicks is way off.  We click several inches below the button and it registers a click.

Is there anything special we need to do to support multiple monitors with 2dToolkit UI?  We're super blocked on this.

Thank you for anybody that can assist.

David

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Multimon cannot find click location in UI
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:58:19 pm »
What platform are you finding the error occurring in? I've tested this on my primary development platform (OSX) and that works fine. What resolutions do you have on your montiros, and is your app fullscreen?

Daveman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:30:25 am »
Thank you for the reply.  I have two monitors, one is a MacBook Pro retina screen and the other is an attached 27 inch monitor.  The app is not fullscreen and the window is fixed in size at 1920x1080.  The primary monitor is the MacBook Pro and that is the monitor that the UI clicks work on.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:56 am »
Resolutions on both? I've pretty much got the same setup and it worked on mine, so it must be something to do with the resolutions?

Daveman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:52 pm »
Resolution of 27" monitor is 2560x1440 ("Best for Display") and I tested the resolution of MBP at three different resolutions: 3840x2400 (More space), 3360x2100 (between "More Space" and "Best for Display") and 2880x1800 (Best for Display).  I have also adjusted the "Arrangement" to see what that does.

Adjusting the arrangement does nothing.  Adjusting the resolution of the MBP massively impacts the vertical click offset point when the program is running on the 27" monitor.  The MBP is the "primary display".

I have reproduced this on a non-retina MBP as well.