Hello Guest

Author Topic: cant commit on mac  (Read 3967 times)

aryanabla

• View Profile
cant commit on mac
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:12 pm »
Hello, i have 2 computers, one is iMac and otherone is PC.

PC config ( 8 core 16 gb ram ) Mac config ( 4 core 8 gb ram )

i can create sprite collection and commit it within several secconds with PC and no problem it works great.
but when i try to make samething with Mac it doesnt work, when i press commit button it taking too long time and do nothing. Most of time it crashes.

i couldnt figure out what is the problem.

can anyone help me please?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cant commit on mac
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:40:51 pm »
Does it consistently do nothing / crash? The memory footprint on Windows & OSX is slightly different. Unity is a 32 bit app, and as soon as memory usage hits around 3.5GB it will run out and die. It sounds like a lot, but Unity does some things super inefficiently when it comes to textures, eg. each texture is stored more than once in ram, etc. I suspect you're very very close to the limit, and it happens to just work on PC and is over the limit on OSX.

How many textures (rough dimensions & count) and are you using atlas spanning?

aryanabla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:09:32 am »
Thanks for reply.

i am using about 30 sprites ( these sprites are not big images, i can fit them in 1024px atlas with PC )

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »
Hmm. Do you get any errors in the editor console when this happens?
Also, if you open up Console.app in OSX, do you see any errors under Unity/Editor.log / Editor-prev.log?

If you can reproduce this reliably, can you send a repro case to support at unikronsoftware.com, please?