Hello Guest

Author Topic: Docset documentation  (Read 4206 times)

kartast

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Docset documentation
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:43:10 am »
Does 2dToolkit have docset documentation url? besides the HTML script reference for offline browsing? I would like to use it with Dash app for mac, for easier browsing..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Docset documentation
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:06 am »
No it doesn't. I'd like to do it as I personally use Dash a lot as well, but it is pretty low down on the priority list.

benedict

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 06:54:51 pm »
Has there been any update on this? I searched through the forums and there doesn't seem to have been much else posted concerning docsets.

Using doxygen I was able to generate a docset that Dash can use. The biggest problem is that it just looks really ugly in Dash and doesn't have the same layout as the current online docs. It looks like http://kapeli.com/docsets says that the main thing you have to do is have GENERATE_DOCSET = YES in the doxygen config file. I could be vastly underestimating the complexity of doing this, but could it be that the main thing you have to do is simply flip that flag in the config file?

I understand that hosting the docset is a whole other beast, but for those of us looking for it, would it be possible for you to post the Doxygen config file you're currently using so we could try to generate our own docset?

Again, I know I could be misunderstanding the complexity of this, but I'd super appreciate it! I'm going to be making a game on a train without internet access next week so having Dash access would be amazing.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »
Hey there. I don't have the time to investigate this much further at the moment, but if you want to heres the doxygen config file we use for the docs.

benedict

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:12 pm »
Thanks! With a little bit of tweaking I got it mostly working! I've attached a link to the docset file.

However, if you'd like to produce your own docset, here's what you do:

1) Download the two files above
2) Download doxygen
3) Open the Doxyfile in a text editor and change the INPUT to point to your local copy of TK2DROOT. (e.g. if you put the doxygen files in the same directory as your TK2DROOT you'd change INPUT to look like this:

INPUT            = ./TK2DROOT/tk2d \
                         ./TK2DROOT/tk2dUI \
                         ./TK2DROOT/tk2dTileMap \
                         ./DoxygenData.cs
4) Also change "GENERATE_DOCSET = NO" to "GENERATE_DOCSET = YES"
5) Create doxygen_footer.html and doxygen_header.html in the same directory as your doxyfile. I copied the code from the header and footer divs from the current online documentation, and tweaked it a bit based on how it turned out.
6) Download the doxygen_stylesheet.css from the current online documentation (view source on the current documentation and find the link to the stylesheet and download it).
7) Run "doxygen Doxyfile" from the terminal in the directory where the Doxyfile exists.
8) This will have generated a folder called "Generated" and a directory inside there called "html". Navigate inside the html directory with the terminal. Run "make" inside that directory.
9) You should now have a file called "org.doxygen.Project.docset" in the html directory. Open Dash and add this docset.

That should be it! Thanks again, unikron, for hooking me up with those files.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:13 pm »
Awesome :)
I tried this out and it seemed to work quite well. I'll try to integrate this if I get some time.