Hello Guest

Author Topic: Duplicate data prefab being creating for one platform  (Read 3442 times)

seewon

• View Profile
Duplicate data prefab being creating for one platform
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:44:29 pm »
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if so, whether you were able to solve it and how.

I regularly add and remove sprites to/from our main atlas. For some time now I've noticed a build up of duplicate data prefabs for one specific platform. I've attached a screenshot of my project folder so you can see what I'm saying. I feel like it's important to emphasize it's always the same platform for the same atlas.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I hope this is just some mistake I'm making that can be easily corrected.

Thanks!

Can't see the photo I attached so here's a link incase: http://cl.ly/image/2Y3M0c2D0U06
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:46:38 pm by seewon »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate data prefab being creating for one platform
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 11:06:47 am »
Hmm... That sounds like something is corrupt. Is it consistently creating a new one each time you commit? What happens if you remove the platform from the platforms list, commit, then add it again and commit?

seewon

• View Profile
Re: Duplicate data prefab being creating for one platform
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:48 pm »
Seems to have worked! Many thanks. Many many many thanks.

I can't recall reliably enough to say for sure, but it happened quite often.

We also work in Git and I'll pay attention going forward to see if it's at all related to branching and merging. If you have any particular warnings there I'd welcome them.

Thanks again for the help and for making a kick ass product. Keep it up.