Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2d toolkit camera doesnt work with 4.6 gui screen space - worldspace.  (Read 6034 times)

PKrawczynski88

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hello.
When you use new canvas object and set it to use screen space - worldspace instead of overlay, buttons wont register any kind of events (hover or click).
Its easily fixable by creating a new scene and copying default unity camera from there to scene containing 2dtoolkit camera.

Its easily reproducable, could you maybe fix it?
Screen space overlay works fine (I think) but there are moments where it would be very helpfull to display UI over normal worldspace.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:10:41 pm by PKrawczynski88 »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2d toolkit camera doesnt work with 4.6 gui screen space - worldspace.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »
Hey, I don't think there is anything we can do to fix this. The tk2dCamera basically feeds a unity camera a custom projection matrix nothing more. Unfortunately there are loads of bugs with unity and custom projection matrices and there isn't anything we can do about those...

PKrawczynski88

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 10:29:50 pm »
Alright.

I will take a closer look tommorow whats going on as I really want to use new gui and tk2d but choosing between those 2 would be just heartbreaking.

Are you entirely sure this is the only reason?
Do you want me to create custom project to show issue if you dont have time yourself?

Sorry for double asking but tk2d is still best tool for a lot of 2d stuff inside unity.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:35:31 pm »
You can always mix them by using 2 cameras?

Yup, I'll be happy to take a look if you create a custom project, but I'm not sure if I can do anything to fix it...