Hello Guest

Author Topic: Rebuild Index: automate offline  (Read 6216 times)

OnlineCop

• View Profile
Rebuild Index: automate offline
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:48 pm »
We've got a bunch of programmers working on various atlases, and we've found that the toolkit doesn't rebuild or reindex itself when atlases are added (version 1.56 final; this may have already been addressed in a newer update).

I found the "Rebuild Index" menu from within TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/tk2dEditorUtility.cs file and just wondered if there was a way to call this from OUTSIDE of Unity (for example, create a nightly/weekly cron job that will let everything rebuild)?

Or does Unity have to be open for it to process correctly?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuild Index: automate offline
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:38:32 am »
You can automate atlas rebuilding by deleting it. It will automatically scan and rebuild the atlas when it can't find it. If working with multiple users, the best bet is to do just that before merging.

You can do this while within unity, or while it is shut down too.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:47:40 am by unikron »

jMo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 06:33:47 pm »
Hi,

We are having the same issues with the rebuilding of atlases index. Every time I try to do it within Unity the Rebuilding Index progress window appears but hangs at around 90% done.

Could you please describe how to rebuild the index from outside of unity?

thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 09:52:47 pm »
This MUST be done from within Unity, I'm afraid, due to how Unity works. Could you get in touch by email? I've got a list of things to try to diagnose whats going wrong - and perhaps it might be possible to fix it, but there'll be a bit more back and forth than would be worth on the forum. support@unikronsoftware.com