Hello Guest

Author Topic: Recommendation for sprite collection  (Read 4007 times)

Kasarus

• View Profile
Recommendation for sprite collection
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:51:11 am »
Hi,

I'm new to 2D toolkit software, so I would like to ask some questions about SpriteCollection. I'm working on mobile card game using 2D toolkit to create SpriteCollection which collect all card images (around 100 cards), firstly I've tried with 4096 x 4096 1 collection and it was crashed on both android / iOS. I did some researches and found that mobile device might not support 4096 atlas, so the question is

- Do I need to create multiple collection for card data with each of them can have only 1024 x 1024 size
- I have background image for many screens which size is 640 x 960 and that mean I have to create one sprite collection for each of them ?
- Any recommendation ?

Please advise, thank you

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation for sprite collection
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:39:56 pm »
For best compatibility, you should probably limit the sprite collection size to 2k.
If you have a background image, you can either put it into a sprite collection, or use the tk2dSpriteFromTexture component that allows you to use a texture as a sprite without going through a collection.

Kasarus

• View Profile
Re: Recommendation for sprite collection
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:20:33 pm »
Ok thanks for the recommendation, I'll try to reduce the size to 2k and let you know the result