Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tile Palette not showing up  (Read 5562 times)

codejoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Tile Palette not showing up
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:39:07 am »
So i got some new art assets done and a new tileset, so I was going to rebuild my tilemap using it.  I created a new sprite collection with a sprite sheet, and then attached it to my new tile map.  Though no matter how many times I do this the tile palette never shows up. (screen shot attached).  I get an error from the editor too that says:

Asset 'Assets/__DELETED_GUID_Trash/49ff595c8a68d39408fee51e706c9066' is in assets but has no assettimestamp...

Not sure what I am doing wrong..attached is what my palette looks like.  Suggestions?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tile Palette not showing up
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:15 am »
Can you create sprites from that sprite collection? If png textures are on turn them off and try again.
Worst case post a repro case in the private support forum and I'll investigate further.

codejoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 01:26:55 am »
No I cannot create a sprite, the Collection is selected and then when I goto the sprite to select its got the same look as the palette in the tile map.

Where do I fiddle with the png textures?  and I am also not sure for the process of a repro case in the private forum.

In the sprite collection itself they all do show up though.

codejoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:44:33 am »
I think I found the bug, or more like the I am doing it wrong.
I was going into my sprite collection after I created it, into the sprite sheet and on settings I would change the materials to something else and thats when it would loose its stuff.  I was trying to do this to give the tiles that diffuse lighting so I could add point lights.  I have done this before Just got to figure out how I did this the right way again...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:51:59 pm »
You should change material settings on the sprite collection material (in the data folder) directly. If the sprite works, then the tilemap will work too, those systems share the same code.

codejoy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:35:17 pm »
yep exactly what I did, worked like a charm thanks!