Hello Guest

Author Topic: Issues in BlackBerry  (Read 3839 times)

rupas

• View Profile
Issues in BlackBerry
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:02:32 pm »
Hi, this is my first post in this forum, I've been using 2D Toolkit long time and had never had any problems, but now one of my games have been ported to BlackBerry, and to my surprise the game has been rejected, the reason is because my game is not visible on the entire screen of the device.

The message reads "- The app does not Appear Properly on the BlackBerry Q10, Q5, Passport and Classic, as there are blank space on the top and the bottom side of the screen Please Use full screen.."

I'm surprised because my game on android looks perfectly, am I missing something? 2DTKCamera not properly detect the size of the screens in BlackBerry ?? Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry for my English.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Issues in BlackBerry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:05 pm »
No idea how you've set up your tk2dCamera, and what the blackberry returns for the Screen.width / height & Camera.pixelWidth and pixelHeight values. The latter would determine the resolution tk2d thinks its running on.

I don't test on Blackberry, I don't have the devices to test on. If you get me the numbers I could at least tell you whats going on.

rupas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:59:11 pm »
I do not have BlackBerry, but supposed that the same settings that I have for Android, BlackBerry would work. My Tk2DCamera is configured as Wildcard and some anchors. Works perfect on all android devices but not in blackberry ...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:01 pm »
I do not have BlackBerry, but supposed that the same settings that I have for Android, BlackBerry would work. My Tk2DCamera is configured as Wildcard and some anchors. Works perfect on all android devices but not in blackberry ...

I would expect the same unless unity returns different values (eg. width & height swapped, etc). No way to know unless you run on the device to test. Unity isn't as "write once run anywhere" as they would have you belive :)