Hello Guest

Author Topic: objects rendered as pink boxes after 2-3 retry of game- Windows Phone 8  (Read 5834 times)

astro

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hello,
I am new in unity development and facing the below issue.
I am porting an existing android project to windows phone 8 and this issue is coming in the windows build. As seen in the attached screen shot all cars in the game are turning into pink boxes after 2-3 retry of a game level. I am using Unity 4.3 and 2D toolkit 2.3.0.

Is this a known issue on this platform? Please help..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: objects rendered as pink boxes after 2-3 retry of game- Windows Phone 8
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »
Is it running out of memory, etc? The Windows Phone 8 platform behaves very differently to others, and its got some interesting bugs specific to it in Unity. Pink implies the shader/material hasn't loaded properly - you can debug.log the values to try and narrow this down.

Waqas Anwar

• View Profile
Hi ,

I am facing exactly the same issue in tk 2d. can you please provide a solution ?
It is specifically occuring on Windows Platform. I am running on surface tablet 1 and Lumia 830 which have enough memory for the game. So its not a memory issue. This looks like shader issue.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It can't be a shader issue if it works and then stops working.
Pink implies the shader/material hasn't loaded properly. You will need to find out why it hasn't done that with some debug code.

Waqas Anwar

• View Profile
Yes I tried debugging the code. but I am not getting any warning. I upgraded my project to tk2d 2.5 but still the same issue. Are these shaders supported on windows platform ?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As I said in the previous post, it isn't an issue with the shader if it works once. The material / shader is getting wiped for some reason.