Hello Guest

Author Topic: Trouble updating to 2DTK 2.5.3 with Unity 5  (Read 4171 times)

coopaloops

• View Profile
Trouble updating to 2DTK 2.5.3 with Unity 5
« on: May 31, 2015, 01:56:38 am »
I just updated to Unity 5, and I'm having trouble upgrading to the latest version of 2d toolkit (2.5.3).  I get a weird error message when I try to Import the latest from the Asset Store:

Error importing folder (The pathName assets/tk2droot/tk2d is already mapped to b877b7feec43f4b188b5fd66e6b3675a. But the meta data wants it to be mapped to 7932fa37feb341547986018fc9aafb50)

I get that same error for a bunch of different tk2droot paths. Would love some help and advice on how to fix, since I really have no clue what's going on. Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble updating to 2DTK 2.5.3 with Unity 5
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:24 pm »
It looks like your metadata has changed at some point in the past, probably has been broken for a long time but you've just not noticed. This usually happens if the meta files are forgotten during version control / sharing the project.
Before trying anything MAKE SURE you have a backup.

The easiest way to do this is -
1. Delete the TK2DROOT folder, import the new one.
2. If its just your folders that are broken this will work.

If that has broken your scenes - it means more meta data is broken, and you'll have to update manually. Import tk2d into a brand new unity project, and then copy the files over from the new project into your existing one. Be sure NOT to copy the meta files if they already exist but copy everything that doesn't exist in your current project.