Hello Guest

Author Topic: Merging projects  (Read 4442 times)

fxfx

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Merging projects
« on: October 22, 2015, 09:04:01 pm »
I am trying to merge 2 projects. Both of them use 2D Toolkit Sprites + Sprite Collection.
I exported Unity package with the Scenes, SpriteCollection (including the data) from project 1. Then I imported the package into project 2. The problem is all the sprites are gone. The Components are there, but it only display the SpriteCollection name. No sprites.

I already made sure all Sprite Collections have different names before merging them.
What else did I miss?

fxfx

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Merging projects
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:25:20 am »
I finally got the Sprites to show.
Just in case anyone encountered the same problem. For me, this is how I did it:
1. Export the graphics & Sprite Collections (including the Data) from Project 1 and Import them to Project 2.
2. In Project 2, select each imported Sprite Collection, Open Editor, and click Commit. You must do this to all imported Sprite Collections.
3. Finally Export the rest of assets from Project 1 and Import them to Project 2.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Merging projects
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:09:55 pm »
You shouldn't need to commit... unless you're using platform sprite collections... that requires some additional stuff in Resources/tk2d... its easier to simply copy + run commit on the target machine than to figure out which one of those files you'd need.