Hello Guest

Author Topic: get rid of tk2dSpriteCollectionData textures[] references  (Read 3865 times)

arkanoid87

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
get rid of tk2dSpriteCollectionData textures[] references
« on: September 25, 2012, 09:59:58 am »
Hello

I'm developing an app that requires me to handle texture loading/unloading manually (via Resources.Load), so I need to have a texture-reference free project on startup. The problem is that I have texture references inside data.prefab(s) in tk2dSpriteCollectionData that I'm not able to remove, and it causes dependencies.

I've already tried to remove references manually, but those re-appears when I restart Unity Editor or when I trigger the build.
I've also tried to remove them procedurally inside the preprocess phase of my continuous integration script, just before procedural build trigger, but references seems to come back automatically in between the dereference and the build trigger.
I've also tried to remove or refresh ~tk2d index file, but it hasn't helped at all.

How can I get rid of those?

thank you

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: get rid of tk2dSpriteCollectionData textures[] references
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:20:37 am »
What's this for specifically? If its to switch for different resolutions, I suggest just waiting a short while for 1.8, it does it automatically with no issues - it switches tk2dSpriteCollectionData objects instead of the contents, and as such simply sidesteps all the rest of the issues you're speaking off. When assigning to a sprite, at sprite collection switch, the correct object is loaded in and cached.

If you want to implement something like that - I suggest doing something similar. There are a lot of references in there, eg. materials, textures, etc.

If not, let me know and I'll tell you how to strip out all the texture refs.